Photo

Visualizing everything

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Girasole

Girasole
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Ok, so I am thinking about how my wedding is going to "look" and "feel" but I am coming up blank right now. This is my 2nd marriage & my first wedding was a big traditional home wedding with the works. For my 2nd marriage we wanted simple, for us to have fun & spend time with friends & family but I am not sure how to do a "wedding" with only 15-20 people. My first wedding had about 100 guests so conversation, drinking & dancing were not an issue but I am concerned that the small group coming to our DW won't want to dance so do we really need a DJ, etc. Anyone else experience this & how did you deal with that.

Thanks
    Chrissy
    Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#2 shellk

shellk
    • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

we are only having 2 people to come with us but all i can say is you won,t be able to please everyone so you need to do exactly what you want to do and remember as long you are having fun they will too.they are on holiday.

good luck

#3 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
      • Banned
      • 313 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

I am in the exact same boat! I was married before and had the big traditional wedding with 400+ people and this time we want it simple and enjoyable for everyone. I also have a group that I don't know will dance until the sun comes up, however I LOVE to dance...so ....we are dancing :) My FI doesn't even like to dance too much but he thinks he will get into it when I do. In the end do what you want to do as you don't want to have any regrets! I see where you are coming from. We only about 15-20 coming as well! Our stories sound so similar :)
        Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#4 Girasole

Girasole
        • 757 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for sharing Lindsey & ShellK! I am like you too...I love to dance but the FI...no so much, ha!

#5 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

my side of the family is from Colombia, so dancing is in my blood! My FI and his family are from England, not much dancing for them. I think after a couple of tequila shots, we'll get them up and moving. think of it this way, everyone is on vacation AND they're there b/c they love you guys so it's an automatic party!! I'm sure it will be amazing in the end :)

#6 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Im a firm believer in that where there is loud music pumping people will get off and shake what they got! I wouldnt stress to much about it. It will be perfect!

#7 jk1101

jk1101
              • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

This is our second wedding too and I'm expecting 20-25 people and i'm hoping people will dance. We're not having a DJ, just bringing an IPOD and will create a playlist - see if your resort has a music system you can hook up to. If you go through the boards you'll see some threads related to playlists - if you know the people coming to the wedding, you should know what will make them dance. i was at a party Thanksgiving weekend and they were using IPOD music and we were dancing all night to it.

#8 Girasole

Girasole
                • 757 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Sounds great! I considered a DJ but they are so costly.

#9 shan0487

shan0487
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

Def set up an Ipod, and make a playlist, it is cheap and you will get people up and dancing!

#10 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
                  • 151 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

The ipod is a great idea and will save lots of money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users