Photo

Alternatives to OOT bags?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

This made me think twice about OOT bags as well. I guess I didn't realize how much it could cost. I will have to wait to see how many people are going anyways.
    Instead of a WHOLE OOT bag with all the contents, I saw a filler one of the brides posted on here "Gringo Recovery Kits"> Basically it was little travel size pepto/advil/gaterade packets/ ect all wrapped up in a woven bag. I'm thinking I will just do that along with a welcome letter.
    Cheaper option with less baggage!

#42 miznunu2010

miznunu2010
    • 248 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

I agree with you guys. They can add up. Good think my mother is doing them for me! I told her to only add things that they will use for sure!

#43 taylorwd

taylorwd
      • 932 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

We did finally decide to scrap the OOT bags. We just booked a sunset catamaran trip for all our guests, instead! We think the memories of a sailing trip will be much more lasting than any trinkets we could give them in bags. Money better spent, in our opinions.

#44 Reya

Reya
        • 174 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:19 AM

My Fianc©e and I decided to give every "family" a photo album once we get back home. This way we don't have to take anything with us.

We're planning to add a few pictures into it, a thank you note on the inside cover and to make something to put into the window in the front of the album like "Jamaica 2010" with our Monogram or something, this way they can put their pictures of the WHOLE week in there but will always remember that it was a part of our wedding :)

We got these albums on sale at Costco, so after the sale, they ended up being $5.00 each! They are really nice albums too and have a pocket in the back for a CD so we're debating on whether or not to give a picture CD or a Music CD with our reception music.

I am still trying to figure out how to personalize the albums PERFECTLY.

#45 RonNMel

RonNMel
          • 388 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

We are planning on making a photo montage with music of our wedding + week there and include our thank you note in it. We'll either mail it after we get home, or give it by hand if we end up having an AHR a couple months later.

I'm still debating whether or not to make OOT bags. I'd really only have the bag, a stadium cup with our monogram and a pre-wedding booklet in it, so maybe I should just scarp the bag and spend a bit more money on getting just insulated mugs instead of the stadium cups...

#46 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
            • 323 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:57 AM

I am so glad to read the posts here. I think I asked this question in the DIY section. I never heard of OOT bags before until I signed up on this site but then again, I have never been to a destination wedding or one out of my town. I could not understand the concept of OOT- we are all out of towers ; unless you have never gone a vacation before to a hot place, you would not forget to pack many of the OOT bag items. I agree with putting energy and money towards a nice favor. The resort we are staying at has complementary toothbrush, sunscreen, cards, toothpaste...
              Now I just need to learn how to make a logo on stickers to be able to place on my favor.

#47 taylorwd

taylorwd
              • 932 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:41 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Reya
                My Fianc©e and I decided to give every "family" a photo album once we get back home. This way we don't have to take anything with us.

We're planning to add a few pictures into it, a thank you note on the inside cover and to make something to put into the window in the front of the album like "Jamaica 2010" with our Monogram or something, this way they can put their pictures of the WHOLE week in there but will always remember that it was a part of our wedding :)

This is a really great idea!!

#48 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
                • 320 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

What about buying postcards at the location for everyone to write home and brag about what a good time they are having? With or without stamps?

I am planning on sending luggage tags and a few other things in advance with a thank-you note so I don' have to pack it all.

Really love the photo album idea as well!!!

#49 amyrot

amyrot
                  • 188 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Wow you guys all have awesome ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats great! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're a waste of money!

#50 taylorwd

taylorwd
                    • 932 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PaperBagPrincess
                      What about buying postcards at the location for everyone to write home and brag about what a good time they are having? With or without stamps?

I am planning on sending luggage tags and a few other things in advance with a thank-you note so I don' have to pack it all.

Really love the photo album idea as well!!!
                      Doing postcards down there is a good idea. I was planning on making postcards when we got back with pictures from the trip and a thank you note on the back, and then mailing those off. But it'd be neat to have the Riviera Maya postmark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users