Wine @ Dreams?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jennkurt

jennkurt
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hey y'all,

What did you think of the red and white wine at Dreams?

Thanks for your opinions!
    Jenn :)
    Married since June 4th, 2010!

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:07 AM

Shoot, I cant remember the name of the house wine.

But it was def drinkable. I wouldnt go buy cases of it, but I sure drank plenty of it there and didnt hear any complaints. Most of the male guests in our group are scotch drinkers tho.

Alot of the females who normally drink red, drank white but because of the warm temps and array of seafood.

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:29 AM

We found the white and red house wine to be pretty decent. Like Erika mentioned, it wasn't incredible or anything but definitely good enough to drink. We also mainly drank red (a)because it was warm, (b)lots of seafood and ©the wine was super chilled so it kind of masked the "non-amazing" taste :)

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

They also have nicer wines for more $$. I didn't drink wine there (I am spoiled and right next to napa) so I just drank mixed drinks.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 *Lo*

*Lo*
      • 2,993 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:33 PM

Very good question I was curious about that too. Do you think it's worth it to pay to 'upgrade' I guess to a bit nicer wines for the wedding reception? Or will guests just make do?

#6 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

Alot of my guests had like a glass of wine, and moved to mixed drinks. Most people drank mixed drinks the entire time.

#7 jennkurt

jennkurt
          • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

Like you Tammy, we're from San Francisco, so our guests are used to *very* nice wine, and I'm just wondering for the reception only if it would then be worth it to upgrade to something nicer. Any idea about cost? What about a champagne toast? I can imagine that the champagne is not so tasty?

#8 bnpear

bnpear
            • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

This is just my opinion...but stay away from the house red and white wine at Dreams unless you are itching to have a hangover the next morning. I'm not a wine enthusiast either...but it was nasty. I think your best bet would be to pay and upgrade for the better quality wines on their menu (which I did hear from our wine enthusiasts was decent) or skip the wine altogether and enjoy the mixed drinks (which I highly recommend!)

#9 jennkurt

jennkurt
              • 68 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Great, thank you all for the thoughts and advice! I'm finding myself lost in details these days . . . there's just so much to think about!

#10 *Lo*

*Lo*
                • 2,993 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

I mentioned this thread to my mom and now she is convinced we should upgrade the wines. Probably mostly for her benefit, but most of our family will drink wine so she feels its important. Also she told me she'd pay for it!

Before I contact Mariana just wondering if anyone has any info on the prices and what the choices are?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users