Photo

Is/has your fiance seen your dress?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 CeeCee76

CeeCee76
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

My mom is making my dress, so it hasn't been started yet. LOL I hope between now and January he doesn't see it.
    ~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#42 luciel2820

luciel2820
    • 474 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

FI did see a picture of my dress on the model, I wanted to make sure he liked it. He prob doesnt really remember what it looks like, and as its more than 7 months away Im sure he will forget and either way its not the same as seeing it on me :)

#43 xxashleyxx007

xxashleyxx007
      • 227 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

My (now) husband was actually the one who picked out my dress! We had just moved to a new province, and I knew no one. I went dress shopping alone to 4 different stores but it just wasn't the same to have someone go along with me to be honest about how I looked in the dresses. He offered to go with me one day, so I said sure! We went to 5 different stores... and at the last store, it was the first dress that he saw! He pulled it off the rack and brought it to me. That was the one. We both almost started to cry when it was on me. PERFECTION... found by my hubby. I thought that was worth him seeing the dress.

#44 Mallory57

Mallory57
        • 454 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

My fiance is the one wanting to keep this tradition, not me! The thought of making such a big decision without his input makes my stomach turn...I once mentioned that I would like to take him with me to choose a dress...needless to say, it was the last time I will ask! lol
          35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#45 Beth0413

Beth0413
          • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

This is one tradition I am keeping up with, he won't see me until I come down the aisle. I'm excited for it to be a surprise!
            Can't wait to marry my best friend!

#46 Stacy015

Stacy015
            • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

I am keeping the tradition as well. I'm even going to keep it stored at the bridal store just to make sure he doesn't accidentally see it :)

I actually don't want him to see me at all the day of the wedding either, until the ceremony - but our wedding isn't until 5:45pm Is anyone else doing this? Or are most people just not letting him see you in your dress until the ceremony? It sounds like it might be difficult to avoid him for an entire day when EVERYONE is staying at the same resort. We already decided we would stay with our parents the night before, but I feel like I'm bound to run into him walking to the beach or something..

#47 angelov321

angelov321
              • 548 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

Ashley, I know how you feel. We just moved to Houston from NJ and I dont know anyone out here. I feel bad going by myself to look for a dress and I so badly want to bring my FI with me. BUT, he wants to stick with tradition. Whats a girl to do? lol

#48 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
                • 169 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

My fiancĀ© hasn't seen my dress, nor does he want to.

I was watching "Say Yes To The Dress" one day and was shocked to see that some brides brought their fiancĀ©s, AND wouldn't make their decision without his input.

No way. I'm a traditionalist that way. Maybe not superstitious, but just like asayle said, it's the same as the engagement ring. He refused to show me, or tell me anything about it (he actually proposed without it, because he'd ordered it from Italy and it took a long time to get here).
                  He said as long as it's not too fancy and fits with our beach wedding, he's content to wait for the surprise.
                  Iberostar Varadero
                  25 March 2011
                  Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#49 JENISE

JENISE
                  • 652 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

I'm dying to show my FI my dress. This is one traditional I'm going to keep but it's hard keeping this from him. I wanted to wear it like everyday! lol

#50 tinalv

tinalv
                    • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by xxashleyxx007
                      My (now) husband was actually the one who picked out my dress! We had just moved to a new province, and I knew no one. I went dress shopping alone to 4 different stores but it just wasn't the same to have someone go along with me to be honest about how I looked in the dresses. He offered to go with me one day, so I said sure! We went to 5 different stores... and at the last store, it was the first dress that he saw! He pulled it off the rack and brought it to me. That was the one. We both almost started to cry when it was on me. PERFECTION... found by my hubby. I thought that was worth him seeing the dress.
                      That sounds so sweet and romantic!!

I would love to take my fiance dress shopping with me because he always gives an honest opinion, plus I think it would be so much fun. BUT, I also really want it to be a surprise, so I think I will end up trying to keep it a secret.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users