Sign in to follow this  
KJT1985

Is/has your fiance seen your dress?

Even though he is dying to see it, my FI doesn't want to see it until its on me as I walk down the isle. My dress hasn't come in yet, but when it does I'm taking my MOH and her mom (a seamstress) to pick it up and its going to their house to live until we leave for Jamaica. I'll probably spend a lot of time there trying it on! LOL

I'd feel like Santa called and told me every toy I'd gotten for Christmas as a little girl if my FI knew what my gown looked like....."disappointment" as a word wouldn't even cover it!

As a matter of fact, John is mildly upset whenever it's mentioned because he feels like the only person in the world who he thinks hasn't seen it (sooooo untrue!) but he also knows that it'll be so awesome to finally see what the big secret was all about as I am walking down the aisle toward him on the BIG DAY! The anticipation is half the fun, but then again, I am also one of the women that will totally want to find out the gender of our child as soon as possible when we have kids, so I'm not really one to judge! wink.gif

Funny!!!!! When i started looking at dresses I found most everything in the wedding books was very formal and I really didn't want the formal wedding dress. I am a second time bride and I have been there done the big dress. At my age I just couldn't pull it off...Just not me.

So I had many printed internet pics in a folder and FI seen the folder on the coffee table one evening and went through the pictures, he posted a sticky note on the dress that I actually loved the best. I ended up seeing the note a few days later and I had the dress made my a seamstress. I changed a few details to make is fit better for me.

A few weeks ago I get the dress and my Gfriend comes by and I try it on for her. We're in the guestroom and FI came home and knocks on the door and Gfriend answers "yes can we help you? in her smart ass voice. He opened the door and his face was priceless. Not to mention gfriend nearly smashed his face in the door slamming it shut. I don't care.. doesn't bother me!!!!

I definitely won't be showing my fiance my dress, but he doesn't even want to see it! He saw a lot of dresses I looked at, and will have a general idea of what it is going to look like! Since the dress I picked was in a store (and I never saw it online ever) it will be a surprise!!

SusieQ that's a funny story!

I hope my FI won't see my dress in order to give him SOME element of surprise and add to the emotions of the day. But I guess it's no biggy if he accidentally does...

Although, since I'm really not good at shopping for clothes and always need him or a GF to advise me on what to try on, I've showed him a few pics of dresses I like to get his opinion. But once I get my dress (I haven't gone shopping yet!), I'm not taking any chances; it's not staying at home. My MOH will be holding on to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea_Mtl View Post
SusieQ that's a funny story!
I hope my FI won't see my dress in order to give him SOME element of surprise and add to the emotions of the day. But I guess it's no biggy if he accidentally does...

Although, since I'm really not good at shopping for clothes and always need him or a GF to advise me on what to try on, I've showed him a few pics of dresses I like to get his opinion. But once I get my dress (I haven't gone shopping yet!), I'm not taking any chances; it's not staying at home. My MOH will be holding on to it.
He is claiming he really didn't see it because Gfriend smashed his face in. lol