Photo

Is/has your fiance seen your dress?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 KJT1985

KJT1985
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

It's a lot more common now for the groom to see the dress before the wedding and as we all know, many traditions go out the window with a destination wedding. I didn't want my fiance to see my dress but he accidentally did. We just moved to a new state with no friends and family so I HAVE to keep it at our house. I had it all of two days and hadn't gotten the real dress bag yet so I put it in one of our spare bedrooms where we never go - problem is that the closet up there doesn't have a bar so I hung it on the fan. He randomly needed to get in the attic and didn't know it wasn't covered. Oh well. It's not even close to being the same as seeing it on me and me being all done up so I don't mind TOO much but a complete surprise would have been fun.

So... how many of your fiance's/husbands will see it before the big day??

#2 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
    • 236 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

I have had many different dress pictures lying around and I know FI probably knows which one I got, but he hasn't seen it on me so that's all that matters!

#3 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

This is one of the few traditions we will keep : ) Luckily the dress store is holding mine till it's altered, then it will stay at my mom's. FI doesn't understand this tradition, but he will when he finally sees me in it!

#4 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
        • 387 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

I sent my dress back home with my parents over Thanksgiving so my inquisitive FI isn't tempted:)
          Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#5 Girasole

Girasole
          • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

I have showed my FI a million pictures but don't plan on showing him my actual dress when I buy it
            Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#6 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

My FI is the one that doesn't want to see it until the big day. I had it (in it's dress bag) hanging up in our storage area and he freaked out.

He said what if I accidentally knocked it down and the bag fell open or something?? LOL So he made me hide it in my parent's place.

But there are always so many FI's with their brides on 'Say Yes to the Dress', I'm always very surprised.

#7 frazali

frazali
              • 245 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Nope, he didn't see it until the big day.The anticipation was great for both of us!

#8 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                • 1,114 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I was really torn with what dress I wanted, so I showed him pics of me in both. The pics don't do it a lick of justice though, so he defintely won't see it in person after alterations and stuff. I'll hide it good!
                  Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                  July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                  Non-Pro Pics:
                  http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                  Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

FI definitely will not be seeing the dress, which is actually hard for me because part of me wants to show him. He has no interest of seeing it until the big day though and it will be kept either at my parents or his mom's until we leave.
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                    • 349 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

My FI hasn't seen my dress yet and probably won't until the big day (havent decided though yet whether we are doing pictures before or after the ceremony), but I wouldn't flip out if he did see it before the big day! A dress on a hanger is totally different from a dress on you I think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users