Photo

I don't know what I'm doing!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jls511

jls511
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

Hello! My name is Jami and I'm from the Philadelphia area. I just got engaged over the Thanksgiving weekend. Yay! I would like to plan a destination wedding for sometime in April/May of 2011, but I have no idea how to get started. I kind of know what I want, but I'm not sure how to make it happen. Due to some family members on a budget and not wanting to fly more than 3-4 hours, I'm not even sure where to go! I've been told to look at the Bahamas, because its easy travel, but then that seems like a more expensive area. I would also like it to be at an all-inclusive resort, but not sure which ones are really good. So far, I love the look of the Secrets Resorts, because I love the modern design, but really I know nothing else about them and they seem expensive. So even though, I'm not a girly-girl who been dreaming about her wedding all her life, and I've never posted anything on a forum like this before - I figured this might be my best chance of figuring out what I am doing! Please help me! I look forward to all the help this site can give. Thank you in advance! :)

#2 mrscheeze

mrscheeze
    • 160 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:52 AM

congrats and welcome to the forum, you will find a ton of great ideas browsing through these threads! as far as advice im new at this also, but remember just stick with your guns and do what makes you happy because after all this is your wedding! good luck

#3 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:08 AM

Hi Jami! Welcome to the BDWF! You have def. come to the right place. There is tons of helpful info here! I think if you are planning for 2011, you are giving your guests plenty of time to save! I think you should start researching all areas (tons of reviews and insight on here!) and then choose your resort. Once you choose your resort/destination get your STD's out as soon as possible! Best wishes and happy planning! Good Luck!

#4 Girasole

Girasole
        • 757 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hi Jami! Welcome to the forums. Because we knew we wanted a destination wedding the first thing we did is find a travel agent & have them review a bunch of different locations with us. It was really helpful.

Chrissy
          Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#5 ~Katie~

~Katie~
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and happy planning!!

#6 SusieQ

SusieQ
            • 1,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

Welcome and Congrats... You have started planning early which is great because you can take advantage of some very creative minds and get tons of advice.

#7 SuperKate

SuperKate
              • 752 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find all the information you need here. Good luck planning!

#8 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

CONGRATS! What an awesome way to spend Thanksgiving! to the forum! Browsing the threads and reading about the different resorts is a great way to get started!

Best of luck!
                  Loving married life! <3

#9 classadiva

classadiva
                  • 685 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

Hi and congrats!! Join the club...many of us had no idea where to start when we became engaged....this forum is the best way to figure out what you need to do.

I am getting married in the Bahamas and if you are looking for affordable all-inclusive options...there are not that many. You may want to look into the RIU on Paradise Island...I've never stayed there so I can't vouch for it....check out the reviews for it at Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor. Also...there is a Sandals in the Bahamas...don't know how affordable it is...again...take a look at the reviews.

You may want to check out Jamaica...there are some really affordable options there.

Best of luck to you!!

#10 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forums! If your planning on a DW first thing is first.. Find a great travel agent and the location of your choice so you can pick out a venue! The rest is all downhill! Happy planning great and useful info in the site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users