Photo

To pocketfold... or to passport? Opinions please!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

Hey ladies...

I posted this on the Jamaica brides board and mentioned this in a past post but I thought I would ask again and get some more opinions.

I'm dabbling between the idea of having passport invites versus pocketfold ones. The problem... we have family already in Jamaica that are planning to attend.

I thought it would seem weird to send them passport invites to a wedding in the same country. What do you think? I was thinking I could get away with it if I make it generic (like have "Passport to Paradise") on the cover. I also wouldn't get carried away with putting more logistics on the inside other than the invite (like info on the country, etc).

Anyway, with that said what do you think?
    Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

I think of passport invitations as indicating a destination wedding or travel-themed event, not just necessarily a wedding in another country - if you like passport invitations, go for those! Your guests in Jamaica will still think they're cool, even if the live in Jamaica :)

#3 Taghan

Taghan
      • 239 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

For me, it was between boarding passes and pocketfolds. After months of deliberations, I ended up going with pocketfolds. I think which ever style you prefer, you should go with that one, regardless if you have guests in the destination country.

#4 safari_girl

safari_girl
        • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

This is an interesting question as we to can't make up our minds whether to go passport or pocketfold.

#5 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
          • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:06 AM

I don't think your Jamacian guests would find it weird. The think the passport invites are very cute and very DW like. But they sound like a lot of work!

#6 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
            • 426 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

I did boarding pass STD and my guests can't stop talking about them! They loved them!

#7 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
              • 95 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

Thanks ladies for your responses! We decided to go ahead with the Passport invites. We just won't include info that you would give for guests who aren't famaliar with the country (since a majority visit it frequently).
                Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

#8 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pandabride6
                  Thanks ladies for your responses! We decided to go ahead with the Passport invites. We just won't include info that you would give for guests who aren't famaliar with the country (since a majority visit it frequently).
                  I think that's a great choice! Pocketfolds are soo over done imo. You can do them for any kind of wedding. We did passports and everyone LOVED them and were so surprised because they had never seen anything like that before.

#9 *Karla*

*Karla*
                  • 4,854 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

I know you have decided, but I thought I would go ahead and throw in my 2cents. I did boarding pass invites for all my guests that will be traveling, then printed some regular do-it-yourself invites from Hobby Lobby for my family and guests in JA.

#10 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
                    • 95 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
                      I know you have decided, but I thought I would go ahead and throw in my 2cents. I did boarding pass invites for all my guests that will be traveling, then printed some regular do-it-yourself invites from Hobby Lobby for my family and guests in JA.
                      You know Karla, that's actually not a bad idea! I will definitely keep that in mind because we do have a number of guests who live in JA and this could help cut costs for the invites. So, I'll consider doing this as well... it's not too late.

You guys are all great! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users