Photo

A way to a womans' heart...the best proposal EVER!!!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 SabBrew

SabBrew
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

Just to give you some background information on my story I have a 6 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Her and I have been on our own since she was 18 months.

The day I was proposed to, my Fiance Chris had asked my daughter upstairs. I was cleaning the kitchen & didn’t think much of it since it was close to Christmas, so I assumed he was showing her what “they bought me”.

He asked her to sit down and asked her if she thought it was OK if he asked mommy to marry him. She answered “yes, that’s ok”. “Are you sure?” asked Chris “YUP” she replied. He then asked her “what do I need then If I want to ask mommy”, Mia answered “a ring”. Chris then pulled out a little silver box and handed it to her. When she opened it, she was a little confused as the ring size was small. Chris looked at her and told Mia that he had bought her a ring too. Mia put it on automatically (on her ring finger no less) and gave him a big hug...so excited and in love with her new ring. She then asked “How about mommy?”. Chris then pulled out my ring for Mia to see. “Oh she’s going to love it”.....she told him. He then asked “Could you bring the ring down to Mommy and ask her if she’ll marry me?”. Mia was soooooo excited that she said “yes” and ran downstairs.

She walked into the Kitchen and said “Mom, Chris wants to marry you”...I looked at her very confused and caught off guard. I said “what are you talking about?” She answered....”he asked me and I said it was ok, so..do you want to marry him?” and then opened my ring box...I then realized that this was the real thing and began looking around for Chris who I found down on one knee outside of the kitchen.

It takes a special man to think of involving the most precious person my life in the sweetest proposal ever. Mia and I both wear our rings that Chris bought us...mine representing the engagement, and Mia’s representing the commitment Chris has made to her.
    Hi there,

If you are interested in sharing a photographer.. getting married at the Ocean Blue July 6th 2010, Punta Cana. Genevieve Albert is shooting my wedding
    Message me for more details...
    http://tickers.Ticke....43ca/event.png

#2 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
    • 1,114 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

Awwww, that is the cutest proposal ever!! What a wonderful man! CONGRATS!!
      Married to my BEST FRIEND!
      July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
      Non-Pro Pics:
      http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
      Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#3 Karen Aucoin

Karen Aucoin
      • 73 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:15 AM

Wow, that is so amazing!! Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on your engagment, sounds like you have a real catch!

#4 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
        • 82 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:57 AM

OMG, cutest, most thoughtful thing ever! I have a six year old niece so I can just imagine your daughter. How awesome! Congratulations and best wishes to your new little family! =)

#5 mrscheeze

mrscheeze
          • 160 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

that is so sweet, i bet she felt so special to be a part of such an important moment in your lives. congrat!

#6 renee1811

renee1811
            • 539 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

that is such an awesome proposal! Thanks for sharing your story :)

#7 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
              • Banned
              • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

YAY that was so sweet of him. I also have a daughter from a previous marriage. The bond those two have is incredible.

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

Seriously.. that is soo awesome and cute and heartfelt! I love it!! Sounds like you have found an amazing man!

#9 SusieQ

SusieQ
                  • 1,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ok I am crying my eyes out here... How sweet is that man? Ok post the ring or I should say both and let us help you plan the most amazing day ever. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

i totally got tears in my eyes reading this - how sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users