Photo

Hi Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 mich&adam

mich&adam
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Congrats!! The last time i visted the Domincan, our travel agent recommeded the Excellence and we loved it. Although they are an adults only all inclusive. Happy Planning!

#12 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I don't know much about DR but you'll find a lot of helpful information here.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 amybermuda

amybermuda
      • 870 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

Congrats on your recent engagement!

I would start a "must have list" first and then start comparing the resorts. Look for things such as size, kids/adults only, all-inclusive, private reception costs, wedding ceremony locations, etc. Definitely get their banquet/wedding costs up front and see if they are running any specials. And don't worry about timing. You'll probably have quite a few weekends to pick from even in a month so enjoy the decision making process.

This forum is a life saver!!!! I am sure you'll find everything you need (and add like 1000 ideas that you didn't think you needed too!).

#14 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
        • 172 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

Welcome & congratulations! I'm sure you'll find all the info you need to help in your DW planning!

#15 alisonu22

alisonu22
          • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

We've been looking at those resorts as well. Melia is beutiful but huge. So if you are looking for an intimate setting it may not be the best place, but I do like the idea of getting away from everybody if I need to without even leaving the resort! Dreams is also beautiful and they have tons of info on their website. But something we've noticed is they are very very busy with weddings. There are like 3-4 weddings a day. Just some things to consider when looking at these places. Melia and Dreams are both still on our list. So they definitely have their good points. Another resort to consider that we've looked into is Ocean Blue & Sand and Majestic Colonial. They're on the opposite ends of the price spectrum, but I've heard great things about both. Good Luck

#16 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
            • 446 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum!

#17 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
              • 51 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

alisonu22- thank you so much for your advice, I was thinking of Dreams as welll, but I read a couple of reviews that said the same thing regarding the amount of weddings, and that the beach is not that good at Dreams....I am in love with Melia but its a tad pricey!!! UGH, decisions! I am going to check out the ones you recommended! When are you planning your wedding for?

#18 DDBentley15

DDBentley15
                • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

Congrats, welcome to the forum!

#19 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
                  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:04 AM

Congrats. Good luck in your search. You might find it helpful to search the places you have it narrowed down to and read reviews from previous brides, see pictures etc. I'm sure you'll love whichever you choose. You can't go wrong with a wedding on the beach with your closest friends and family.

#20 mlabbe

mlabbe
                    • 784 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:25 AM

Congrats, how exciting! Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users