Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

I got married at 4:00 and there were still quite a few people around. My guess is 5:00 might be a little more cleared out, but since the main restaurants aren't yet open, people might still be hanging out at the beach, though some will have probably left to head up to their rooms to freshen up before dinner.

There were tons of people milling about when I got married. I truly didn't notice them...even the ones that I saw (later, in pictures) got way up close and personal. The resort will set up chairs for your ceremony and, I assume, move away beach chairs that are right in the middle of the action. Otherwise, I don't think there's much they can do.

I just tried to look at it positively, as part of the experience. It was pretty cool how people we didn't even know stopped to congratulate us, etc. And there are 2-3 weddings there nearly every day, so I think people just understand not to completely get in the middle of things, though many will stop what they're doing or wander over to check it out. (Your photographer will likely play gatekeeper and shoo people out of the shots...at least, mine did.) Just let yourself get caught up in the moment and those things will fade into the background, I promise :)

Originally Posted by JPro View Post

Hi Ladies!  I am so excited about how many brides there are! This forum has been really helpful and I have gotten so many great ideas. This question is more for some of you who have been there before or have gotten married there already. I always wanted to get married on the beach, but after looking at some of the pics, I am really concerned that we will be out of place with all the beach chairs around us and people walking around in front during the ceremony. My ceremony is at 5:00 at night, so I am hoping that people will be gone and headed to their rooms to get ready for dinner. So what is it like to have your ceremony right in the middle of people laying around in their swim suites? Does the resort do a good job of trying to keep people out of the way and somewhat clear away some of the beach chairs? It is not my dream to get married next to the greasy old man in a speedo smoking a cigar. Does anyone have any pics of their ceremony they can post? Or tell me what the atmosphere is like? What is the beach like around 5?

Thanks so much!

We went back and forth but ultimately just rented the sound system. (They still had a worker there the whole time in case there were problems, he just didn't actually play any of the music.) We brought a loaded iPod, and I had a friend load up her iPod, too, with the songs I couldn't live without (ceremony songs, first dances) plus some other fun music. We made a dinner playlist and just put it on shuffle. I also made a dance playlist, but my cousin appointed himself as DJ and ran the music for us the whole night.

Along with the speakers was a microphone. One of our friends served as emcee to make announcements.

Reception food was PHENOMENAL. I would absolutely recommend all of the following:

Ceviche

Cream of broccoli soup

Beef & potatoes

Duo of mousse

I don't really remember our appetizers - I just asked Yinette for her recommendations. They must have been good because they were all gobbled up pretty quickly.

Yes, you will have your own bar and bartender. The servers only served the food; they did not take drink orders.

Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by JPro View Post

Does anyone know how the DJ is at the resort? We were going to just use the iPod or make CDs, but we'd rather pay the extra $200 rather than stress about making the CDs or something going wrong with our own music. With my luck, that would happen!

Also, does anyone know what the reception food is like? Any recommendations on h'ordourves (not sure how its spelled), appetizers, entrees, and desserts?

And how does the open bar work? Do we have our own bar and bar tender? Or do people order drinks from servers and they get take orders? I am having my reception at La Brasa if that helps answer the question. My fear is that it is going to take a long time for my guests to get drinks if there are servers, and my group likes to booze it up at parties ;)

Sorry for all the questions!

Just returned from Ocean Blue a little over a month ago and I must say that my wedding was very simple, yet absolutely perfect! There were no problems and everything was much better than I could have Imagined. Best wishes to future brides! If you chose OB&S, I think you made a great choice!!! :)

hey everyone! Im new to this thread we have decided to get married at the Ocean Blue and are so exited!! I have no idea where to start when it comes to decorations and what not so im sure this thread will come in handy. Looking forward to corresponding with you ladies! I have added me date below :)

Lozzawatts (Lorraine) Wedding: August 9th, 2012 Travel: Aug 7-12

erinme (Erin) Wedding October 11, 2012 Travel: Oct 9-16

nikkiandrich (Nikki) Wedding: November 10, 2012 Travel: Nov 7-14

SylvieG (Sylvie) Wedding: November 26, 2012 Travel: Nov 22-29

gina24 (Marcia) Wedding: Jan 23, 2013 Travel: Jan 19-26

ntlsnow (Natalie) Wedding: January 25, 2013 Travel: Jan 23- Feb 3

Amers (Anne-Marie) Wedding: Feb 8th, 2013 Travel: Feb 6-Feb13th

Danimontague (Danielle) Wedding: Feb 20, 2013 Travel: Feb 16-Mar 2

MCathWilde (Mary) Wedding Feb 25,2013 Travel Feb 23-March 3

TraceyJo (Tracey) Wedding: April 9, 2013. Travel Apr.5-12

DominicanAlly (Alicia) Wedding: April 11, 2013 Travel: April 6-20

Ocean123 (Nicole) Wedding: April 15, 2013 Travel: April 12-19

jlb392 (Jessica) Wedding: April 17, 2013 Travel: April 14-24

KristinaM (Kristina) Wedding: April 18, 2013 Travel April 13-27

missjade (Jade) Wedding: July 11, 2013 Travel: July 6-13

does anyone know if you can use silk or preserved flower petals for the aisle?  

My travel dates have changed, so I've updated the list:

Amers (Anne-Marie) Wedding: Feb 8th, 2013 Travel: Feb 6-Feb13th

jlb392 (Jessica) Wedding: April 17, 2013 Travel: April 13-25

KristinaM (Kristina) Wedding: April 18, 2013 Travel April 13-27

missjade (Jade) Wedding: July 11, 2013 Travel: July 6-13

Hey Ladies....

Just wanted to let you all know that I love my OOT bags from efavormart. I actually tested them out by bringing them to the beach, and they fit 2 towels, a wrap, sunscreen, magazine, and STILL have room! I know that since they are nylon foldable reuseable shopping bags - they may not last forever, but still....they seem to do the trick and think they will actually be useful.

Also...if anyone is doing paper lanterns....check out the thread on here regarding DIY lighting for paper lanterns! It's GENIOUS and I just got my supplies for it, and it works! yay! It works out to about .24cents per light, and I will use 4 in each lantern, even though I ordered enough to do 8 per lanterns. (200 leds ,and 200 batteries). It's so much cheaper than those LED lights you buy for the lanterns, and I think you can light them up better by adding more. I was honestly just not going to light them....but after this idea, I couldn't resist.....

How is the planning going for everyone? I'm getting so excited! I'm going to pick out bridesmaid dresses soon, and I have a few more pounds to lose before I go get my dress.....but SOON :)

My wedding date has changed so im updating the list :)

Amers (Anne-Marie) Wedding: Feb 9th, 2013 Travel: Feb 6-Feb13th