Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#691 Lozzawatts

Lozzawatts
  • Newbie
  • 14 posts

    Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

    Hello girls, does anyone have an email address for the salon? I would like to pre book hair and make up or should I get my wedding coordinator to book on my behalf? Starting to get nervous now as opjust over two months to go and feel I haven't got much organised, thanks lovelies x

    #692 Alicia2013

    Alicia2013
    • Newbie
    • 8 posts

      Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

      hey missjade,
      Sorry it took me forever to respond! I just got the contracts settled.  We are travelling with Transat but we went through Thomas Cook!
       



      #693 Alicia2013

      Alicia2013
      • Newbie
      • 8 posts

        Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

        Originally Posted by Alicia2013 

        hey missjade,
        Sorry it took me forever to respond! I just got the contracts settled.  We are travelling with Transat but we went through Thomas Cook!
         

        Sorry flying on sunquest I meant. 



        #694 Dominican Ally

        Dominican Ally
        • Jr. Member
        • 400 posts

          Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

          Hey Ladies!

           

          How is everyone's planning going! Our 90 day deadline with Transat for our guests to get their deposits in, is tomorrow. We have 41 booked right now :) I'm super excited, as when we started this process, I was anticipating that we may only have 20 or so. We're overwhelmed by the support. I think my TA getting a decent deal def. helped out too, although we do have a few who have to wait until the last minute to book due to their jobs/circumstances.

           

          I can finally start looking for OOT supplies, and ordering. I'm thinking if we have 41 booked now, with the possibility of a few more - I'm just going to start ordering everything based on 50 guests. Hopefully it works out :)


          Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

          49 Guests booked, and counting...


          #695 ocean123

          ocean123
          • Newbie
          • 28 posts

            Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

            Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

            Hey Ladies!

             

            How is everyone's planning going! Our 90 day deadline with Transat for our guests to get their deposits in, is tomorrow. We have 41 booked right now :) I'm super excited, as when we started this process, I was anticipating that we may only have 20 or so. We're overwhelmed by the support. I think my TA getting a decent deal def. helped out too, although we do have a few who have to wait until the last minute to book due to their jobs/circumstances.

             

            I can finally start looking for OOT supplies, and ordering. I'm thinking if we have 41 booked now, with the possibility of a few more - I'm just going to start ordering everything based on 50 guests. Hopefully it works out :)

            Hey Dominican Ally - I just had a qustion, my TA is on holidays and I don't think I asked her this. I have the 90 deadline too for 30 seats on hold. What happens if you go over the 30 people? Can they still come if its available and do they get the same price with Transat?

            41 thats a good number!!!!!!!! I just started my 90 day expires on Aug. 3. I only have 6 book but I just mailed out the invites over the long weekend.

            Thanks!!!!!! btw - I had to change my wedding date again so I won't get to see your's!!! We now arrive on April 12 and the wedding is April 15 booo lol



            #696 Dominican Ally

            Dominican Ally
            • Jr. Member
            • 400 posts

              Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:25 PM

              Hey!

               

              So here is my understanding of the Transat thing...If you have more than 30 people by the 90 days, anyone over 30 still gets the same price if they book within the 90 days. The only thing is, that it is subject to availability, since only the 30 spaces are actually "held" already. What I did, because I wanted to make sure we had 50 spots, was I had 10 people book right away, and I put 10 spots (200 each) on my credit card to hold an extra 10 (30 original, 10 deposits from guests, and 10 deposits from me). Once the next 10 people booked, I got my deposit back (or I would have gotten it back at the end of 90 days regardless).

               

              I'm sorry if that is confusing...lol. The other thing my TA told me, was that after the deadline you can still have people book for the guaranteed price....but only 20% of your total number booked. So, for example with me....I have 40 booked, and 20% of 40 = 8. So....8 people can book after the deadline and still receive the price.

               

              Did your TA offer you any concessions with transat? ie: 11th person free?

               

              That's too bad that you'll miss my wedding! I should still be around for yours though, as we're there till the 20th so I can give you some tips while I'm down there :)

              Originally Posted by ocean123 

              Hey Dominican Ally - I just had a qustion, my TA is on holidays and I don't think I asked her this. I have the 90 deadline too for 30 seats on hold. What happens if you go over the 30 people? Can they still come if its available and do they get the same price with Transat?

              41 thats a good number!!!!!!!! I just started my 90 day expires on Aug. 3. I only have 6 book but I just mailed out the invites over the long weekend.

              Thanks!!!!!! btw - I had to change my wedding date again so I won't get to see your's!!! We now arrive on April 12 and the wedding is April 15 booo lol


              Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

              49 Guests booked, and counting...


              #697 Dominican Ally

              Dominican Ally
              • Jr. Member
              • 400 posts

                Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

                Hey Ladies :)

                 

                Just bumping up the wedding date timline - feel free to add yours, if you haven't already!

                 

                Lozzawatts (Lorraine) Wedding: August 9th, 2012 Travel: Aug 7-12

                erinme (Erin) Wedding October 11, 2012 Travel: Oct 9-16

                nikkiandrich (Nikki) Wedding: November 10, 2012 Travel: Nov 7-14

                SylvieG (Sylvie) Wedding: November 26, 2012 Travel: Nov 22-29

                gina24 (Marcia) Wedding: Jan 23, 2013 Travel: Jan 19-26

                ntlsnow (Natalie) Wedding: January 25, 2013 Travel: Jan 23- Feb 3

                Danimontague (Danielle) Wedding: Feb 20, 2013 Travel: Feb 16-Mar 2

                MCathWilde (Mary) Wedding Feb 25,2013 Travel Feb 23-March 3

                TraceyJo (Tracey) Wedding: April 9, 2013. Travel Apr.5-12

                DominicanAlly (Alicia) Wedding: April 11, 2013 Travel: April 6-20

                jlb392 (Jessica) Wedding: April 17, 2013 Travel: April 14-24

                KristinaM (Kristina) Wedding: April 18, 2013 Travel April 13-27

                missjade (Jade) Wedding: July 11, 2013 Travel: July 6-13


                Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

                49 Guests booked, and counting...


                #698 ocean123

                ocean123
                • Newbie
                • 28 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

                  Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

                  Hey!

                   

                  So here is my understanding of the Transat thing...If you have more than 30 people by the 90 days, anyone over 30 still gets the same price if they book within the 90 days. The only thing is, that it is subject to availability, since only the 30 spaces are actually "held" already. What I did, because I wanted to make sure we had 50 spots, was I had 10 people book right away, and I put 10 spots (200 each) on my credit card to hold an extra 10 (30 original, 10 deposits from guests, and 10 deposits from me). Once the next 10 people booked, I got my deposit back (or I would have gotten it back at the end of 90 days regardless).

                   

                  I'm sorry if that is confusing...lol. The other thing my TA told me, was that after the deadline you can still have people book for the guaranteed price....but only 20% of your total number booked. So, for example with me....I have 40 booked, and 20% of 40 = 8. So....8 people can book after the deadline and still receive the price.

                   

                  Did your TA offer you any concessions with transat? ie: 11th person free?

                   

                  That's too bad that you'll miss my wedding! I should still be around for yours though, as we're there till the 20th so I can give you some tips while I'm down there :)

                   

                  Hey, Ok so i think i understand this lol... So you have 30 seats on HOLD, but you told them to book 20 more right away on deposit? and NOT to take them from the 30 that are still on hold?

                  I know my contract says 30 people HELD for 90 days, Then once I am over 30 then we get 20% more also..

                  I hope it is the same as yours because I think I am going to do the same thing !!!

                  Yes I get the 12th person free, $500 future travel voucher for Bride and Groom and then another $300.00  off for the  bride and groom only if we get more then 30 people booked.

                  YAY!!!



                  #699 Dominican Ally

                  Dominican Ally
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 400 posts

                    Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

                    Originally Posted by ocean123 

                     

                    Hey, Ok so i think i understand this lol... So you have 30 seats on HOLD, but you told them to book 20 more right away on deposit? and NOT to take them from the 30 that are still on hold?

                    I know my contract says 30 people HELD for 90 days, Then once I am over 30 then we get 20% more also..

                    I hope it is the same as yours because I think I am going to do the same thing !!!

                    Yes I get the 12th person free, $500 future travel voucher for Bride and Groom and then another $300.00  off for the  bride and groom only if we get more then 30 people booked.

                    YAY!!!

                    Sounds like you've got it :) It eased my mind so much to have those extra spaces held above and beyond the 30. Yesterday was the deadline, and by end of day we actually had 47 booked! So I'm happy I reserved 50 spots.

                     

                    My TA didn't mention anything about the $500 future travel voucher, or the $300 off if we book over 30 ppl.......maybe I should ask about this.

                     

                    Do you mind me asking what pricing you got per person?


                    Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

                    49 Guests booked, and counting...


                    #700 ocean123

                    ocean123
                    • Newbie
                    • 28 posts

                      Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

                      Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

                      Sounds like you've got it :) It eased my mind so much to have those extra spaces held above and beyond the 30. Yesterday was the deadline, and by end of day we actually had 47 booked! So I'm happy I reserved 50 spots.

                       

                      My TA didn't mention anything about the $500 future travel voucher, or the $300 off if we book over 30 ppl.......maybe I should ask about this.

                       

                      Do you mind me asking what pricing you got per person?

                      Oh 47! thats nice.. So I assume you just have to pay extra for the 17 people over the Sand Extra package? unless you can negotiate when you get down there.:)  My sister is a TA but is on holidays and specializes in Destination weddings so she told me about the future travel voucher and 300 off. But I just read my voucher and it was if you booked from April 1 - May 30 2012. I am not sure if you booked before that...

                      The rate is $1100.00 taxes incl pp, it was $1300.00 but we switched the dates due to a big mix up with Transat.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users