Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#511 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

This is getting so exciting ladies!!!!! :-)

#512 ocean123

ocean123
    • 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

I am planning on getting married at the Ocean Blue in spring 2013 and I am having a hard time deciding if I should bring my own photograher down with me?... anyone know if there is a photographer on site and what there pics look like?

#513 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
      • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Trust me, you won't even notice them! Our photographer and one of my aunts did a good job of shooing people out of camera shots. But, we still had more than one guy in a speedo, lots of onlookers, etc (rumor has it there was a topless woman as well...who knows!) It's crazy how focused you'll be on just your husband...and those random-onlooker photos are pretty fun to look back on :)

I didn't even notice this guy was there. (Words added in courtesy of the gal who took the photo)

Our ceremony is at 4pm, and will be on the beach :) I'm a little concerned about privacy, but I'll get over it...lol! Just as long as the photog manages to get plenty of pictures without onlookers in speedos/bikinis....haha

#514 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
        • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Here's what I used (includes band/album names as found on iTunes):

Mothers walk-in: A Groovy Kind of Love - Instrumental Songs - Soft Rock Guitar
          Wedding party: Don't Stop Believing - Vitamin String Quartet Presents Strung Out Volume 8
          Bride: Canon in D - T Carter Music - Highland Serenade
          Sand ceremony: The Luckiest - Ben Folds
          Recessional: Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

That's agreat questions! I have no idea. Any thoughts anyone???

#515 Jelena04

Jelena04
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hey guys! I just started looking at destination weddings and one of our options is Ocean Sand & Blue for August 2013! Do any of you know if you can do the reception at the beach? Also, how about additional flowers, they only give you flowers for one table? And has anybody been quoted a price from Toronto for 2013 for a week. Phew, this is my first go at 1) ever writing on a forum 2) thinking about destination weddings 3) starting to plan!  You guys seem like seasoned pros now!

Thanks for all your help!

#516 ocean123

ocean123
            • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Dominicanally - can you please send me the pricing list for what you have been sent.

Thanks so much! nicolleandgreg@gmail.com

#517 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
              • 204 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

I cannot believe that guy had the guts to stand THAT close and watch! What a douche bag. LOL

Who was your photgrapher?

Originally Posted by alittlerandr 

Trust me, you won't even notice them! Our photographer and one of my aunts did a good job of shooing people out of camera shots. But, we still had more than one guy in a speedo, lots of onlookers, etc (rumor has it there was a topless woman as well...who knows!) It's crazy how focused you'll be on just your husband...and those random-onlooker photos are pretty fun to look back on :)

I didn't even notice this guy was there. (Words added in courtesy of the gal who took the photo)

yep seriously.jpg

#518 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
                • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Isn't it weird?? I seriously didn't even notice him, and neither did a lot of my guests, apparently!

I used HDC photography and LOVED them. Their prices were super reasonable, and I had prints done down there, so I went home with just about everything in hand. I would absolutely recommend them.

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

I cannot believe that guy had the guts to stand THAT close and watch! What a douche bag. LOL

Who was your photgrapher?

#519 missjade

missjade
                  • 41 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hey Jelena04!

Congrats on your future wedding!

Mine is set for July 2013, and my reception will be at La Brasa restaurant which is on/by the beach. Yes, it's one flower arrangement included in the package, but they have a list of additional services/items on top of the package you choose. Prices from Toronto for one week that I've gotten have been pretty high, unfortunately. The latest one I got was $1600+ after taxes, with a great promo, but it's still pretty expensive for my guests, so I'm waiting to get more quotes and hope that they get better.

Let me know if you have any questions, and i'll be as helpful as i can (i've only just begun myself)

Good luck with your planning!! :)

Jade

Originally Posted by Jelena04 

Hey guys! I just started looking at destination weddings and one of our options is Ocean Sand & Blue for August 2013! Do any of you know if you can do the reception at the beach? Also, how about additional flowers, they only give you flowers for one table? And has anybody been quoted a price from Toronto for 2013 for a week. Phew, this is my first go at 1) ever writing on a forum 2) thinking about destination weddings 3) starting to plan!  You guys seem like seasoned pros now!

#520 gina24

gina24
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hey Jelena04 & Jade,

I'm also leaving from Toronto but my wedding is Jan 2013.  When I first got my quote my TA told me $1600 too.  I told her that was too high and she came back to me a couple of days later with $1470.  not sure if it being in Jan makes a difference but keep on your TA and if she can't lower the price try looking around for other quotes.

Originally Posted by Jelena04 

Originally Posted by missjade 

Hey Jelena04!

Congrats on your future wedding!

Mine is set for July 2013, and my reception will be at La Brasa restaurant which is on/by the beach. Yes, it's one flower arrangement included in the package, but they have a list of additional services/items on top of the package you choose. Prices from Toronto for one week that I've gotten have been pretty high, unfortunately. The latest one I got was $1600+ after taxes, with a great promo, but it's still pretty expensive for my guests, so I'm waiting to get more quotes and hope that they get better.

Let me know if you have any questions, and i'll be as helpful as i can (i've only just begun myself)

Good luck with your planning!! :)

Jade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users