Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#471 jlb392

jlb392
  • Jr. Member
  • 197 posts

    Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

    oh, and thanks for the info on the restaurants.  Was there some kind of steakhouse? 
     

    Originally Posted by KristinaM 

    I always find better prices through the packages so I'm guilty. I do get nervous though so I usually will email the hotel directly about two weeks before our stay to confirm that they received our reservation and all is set.

     

    We should def get together for a drink!

     

    And I didn't know about delta- will check that out for sure thanks!

     

    Resturaunts-- let me try and remember... Route 66 was like typical diner food, italian was nice but i didn't really love my dish, and I compeltely forget what I had. Mexican was good. I think we ate there twice. I have to go through my pictures to see if I remember more from when I was there. We didn't eat at the dominican though I can't remember why.



     



    #472 alittlerandr

    alittlerandr
    • Jr. Member
    • 189 posts

      Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

      La Casa de mi Abuela - Dominican. Didn't eat there. Open for dinner; reservations required.

       

      Margarita - Mexican. We had a large group party there (about 40). Food was good, and the atmosphere was fun. Open for dinner; reservations required.

       

      Italian restaurant (name is escaping me!) Food was okay...nothing too special. Our wine glasses were never empty, though, so that made for a fun dinner! Open for dinner; reservations required.

       

      Mike's - coffee/pastries. Fantastic lattes and smoothies. Open from 10 am - midnight. (I was suprised it wasn't open earlier!)

       

      Overtime - Hamburgers, wings, sandwich of the day, hot dog...all served with French fries. It's open late night, so we often hit it up after closing down the lobby bar/leaving the disco :) Food was not the greatest, but at that time of day, anything is okay! They were out of ketchup for several nights, but we really enjoyed the staff there, so it was worth it!

       

      Route 66 - American. I didn't eat there, but people in my group did; they said the ribs were fabulous. Open for dinner; reservations required.

       

      El Bodegon - steakhouse. Food was outstanding; I was completely full by the time I left. Plus, we got to sit outside, which was wonderful on the last night. Open for dinner; reservations required. (<--I believe this was the hardest place to get reservations for.)

       

      Main buffet - Themed dinners each night (Chinese, Mexican, etc.) Breakfast included omelet stations, fruit, cereal, pastries, breakfast meats, juices, etc. Lunch had pizza, meats, burgers/hot dogs, fruits and veggies, pasta station, dessert etc. Dinners were themed (Chinese, Mexican, etc). Dinner was basically a larger version of lunch...and crepes made to order! I LOVED the buffet. The variety was great and most everything seemed to be high quality - they even had lobster one night. (I was expecting 'typical buffet' food, and it was much better than that.) Also, the bar at the buffet was one of our favorites - they mix a great drink, and the bartenders were really fun :)

       

      La Brasa - our wedding reception was here and food was phenomenal. During the day, they are open for lunch food. Selection was pretty limited but it was right on the beach, so we ate there most days. There were burgers, pizza, pasta station, fruits, 'meal of the day', dessert, chips and guac.

       

      Room service - free 10 am - 10 pm. Fairly limited selection (pizza, sandwiches, etc) but still decent.

       

      Hope that helps! You'll never be hungry :)



       

      Originally Posted by jlb392 

      Does anyone know anything about their restaurants?  Their site is a little lacking on the info :-)



       



      #473 KristinaM

      KristinaM
      • VIP Member
      • 3,082 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
      • LocationNew Jersey

      Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

      That was much better than my descriptions!! haha we were there two years ago so I tried but it's fuzzy.

       

      Thanks for the awesome recap!



      #474 alittlerandr

      alittlerandr
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:47 PM


        No problem! Today is my 2 week anniversary, so we were just there. And, I'm totally ready to go back :)
         

        Originally Posted by KristinaM 

        That was much better than my descriptions!! haha we were there two years ago so I tried but it's fuzzy.

         

        Thanks for the awesome recap!



         



        #475 jlb392

        jlb392
        • Jr. Member
        • 197 posts

          Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

          awesome....thanks so much for the descriptions!
           

          Originally Posted by alittlerandr 

          La Casa de mi Abuela - Dominican. Didn't eat there. Open for dinner; reservations required.

           

          Margarita - Mexican. We had a large group party there (about 40). Food was good, and the atmosphere was fun. Open for dinner; reservations required.

           

          Italian restaurant (name is escaping me!) Food was okay...nothing too special. Our wine glasses were never empty, though, so that made for a fun dinner! Open for dinner; reservations required.

           

          Mike's - coffee/pastries. Fantastic lattes and smoothies. Open from 10 am - midnight. (I was suprised it wasn't open earlier!)

           

          Overtime - Hamburgers, wings, sandwich of the day, hot dog...all served with French fries. It's open late night, so we often hit it up after closing down the lobby bar/leaving the disco :) Food was not the greatest, but at that time of day, anything is okay! They were out of ketchup for several nights, but we really enjoyed the staff there, so it was worth it!

           

          Route 66 - American. I didn't eat there, but people in my group did; they said the ribs were fabulous. Open for dinner; reservations required.

           

          El Bodegon - steakhouse. Food was outstanding; I was completely full by the time I left. Plus, we got to sit outside, which was wonderful on the last night. Open for dinner; reservations required. (<--I believe this was the hardest place to get reservations for.)

           

          Main buffet - Themed dinners each night (Chinese, Mexican, etc.) Breakfast included omelet stations, fruit, cereal, pastries, breakfast meats, juices, etc. Lunch had pizza, meats, burgers/hot dogs, fruits and veggies, pasta station, dessert etc. Dinners were themed (Chinese, Mexican, etc). Dinner was basically a larger version of lunch...and crepes made to order! I LOVED the buffet. The variety was great and most everything seemed to be high quality - they even had lobster one night. (I was expecting 'typical buffet' food, and it was much better than that.) Also, the bar at the buffet was one of our favorites - they mix a great drink, and the bartenders were really fun :)

           

          La Brasa - our wedding reception was here and food was phenomenal. During the day, they are open for lunch food. Selection was pretty limited but it was right on the beach, so we ate there most days. There were burgers, pizza, pasta station, fruits, 'meal of the day', dessert, chips and guac.

           

          Room service - free 10 am - 10 pm. Fairly limited selection (pizza, sandwiches, etc) but still decent.

           

          Hope that helps! You'll never be hungry :)



           



           



           



          #476 ntlsnow

          ntlsnow
          • Jr. Member
          • 204 posts

            Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

            Thank you so much for the details! Good to know the food is good there, I was worried about it.

            When I went to PC last June, we went to the Grand Palladium and it was awful. We had about 15 people and everyone was sick from the food. I thought their food was so disgusting. And now after reading even recent reviews on Grand Palladium, there are still a ton of complaints. So this to me is AMAZING news to hear about Ocean Blue. My TA said it was really good food too.

             

            Originally Posted by alittlerandr 

            La Casa de mi Abuela - Dominican. Didn't eat there. Open for dinner; reservations required.

             

            Margarita - Mexican. We had a large group party there (about 40). Food was good, and the atmosphere was fun. Open for dinner; reservations required.

             

            Italian restaurant (name is escaping me!) Food was okay...nothing too special. Our wine glasses were never empty, though, so that made for a fun dinner! Open for dinner; reservations required.

             

            Mike's - coffee/pastries. Fantastic lattes and smoothies. Open from 10 am - midnight. (I was suprised it wasn't open earlier!)

             

            Overtime - Hamburgers, wings, sandwich of the day, hot dog...all served with French fries. It's open late night, so we often hit it up after closing down the lobby bar/leaving the disco :) Food was not the greatest, but at that time of day, anything is okay! They were out of ketchup for several nights, but we really enjoyed the staff there, so it was worth it!

             

            Route 66 - American. I didn't eat there, but people in my group did; they said the ribs were fabulous. Open for dinner; reservations required.

             

            El Bodegon - steakhouse. Food was outstanding; I was completely full by the time I left. Plus, we got to sit outside, which was wonderful on the last night. Open for dinner; reservations required. (<--I believe this was the hardest place to get reservations for.)

             

            Main buffet - Themed dinners each night (Chinese, Mexican, etc.) Breakfast included omelet stations, fruit, cereal, pastries, breakfast meats, juices, etc. Lunch had pizza, meats, burgers/hot dogs, fruits and veggies, pasta station, dessert etc. Dinners were themed (Chinese, Mexican, etc). Dinner was basically a larger version of lunch...and crepes made to order! I LOVED the buffet. The variety was great and most everything seemed to be high quality - they even had lobster one night. (I was expecting 'typical buffet' food, and it was much better than that.) Also, the bar at the buffet was one of our favorites - they mix a great drink, and the bartenders were really fun :)

             

            La Brasa - our wedding reception was here and food was phenomenal. During the day, they are open for lunch food. Selection was pretty limited but it was right on the beach, so we ate there most days. There were burgers, pizza, pasta station, fruits, 'meal of the day', dessert, chips and guac.

             

            Room service - free 10 am - 10 pm. Fairly limited selection (pizza, sandwiches, etc) but still decent.

             

            Hope that helps! You'll never be hungry :)



             



             



             



            #477 gina24

            gina24
            • Site Supporter
            • 15 posts

              Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

              Hi Ladies, there is so much info on here its incredible.     

              I'm getting married Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:00



              #478 jlb392

              jlb392
              • Jr. Member
              • 197 posts

                Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

                If you'd like, you can add yourself to the timeline:

                 

                 

                DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

                jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

                KristinaM (Kristina)                 Wedding: April 18, 2013             Travel April 13-27

                 


                Originally Posted by gina24 

                Hi Ladies, there is so much info on here its incredible.     

                I'm getting married Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:00



                 



                #479 gina24

                gina24
                • Site Supporter
                • 15 posts

                  Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

                   

                  gina24 (Marcia)                      Wedding: Jan 23, 2013               Travel: Jan 19-26

                  DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

                  jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

                  KristinaM (Kristina)                 Wedding: April 18, 2013             Travel April 13-27



                  #480 Lozzawatts

                  Lozzawatts
                  • Newbie
                  • 14 posts

                    Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

                    Not sure how to add myself into the timeline. Lorraine Watts (lozzawatts) wedding August 9th, 2012 Travel Aug 7-12




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users