Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#461 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I just got the January 2013 flight prices this past Thursday...FYI  And I am a happy camper about them! :-)

Oh and January 25th is still open at 5 pm for my ceremony. Just have to decide with the FI what package to choose. Best value is definitely the Sand package. I was told that the Complimentary package can only be for up to 19 people (paying $15pp for 9 of them). I think we will probably have more people than that. Oh and the dinner reseravation for anything over 20 will have to be in the buffet to be able to sit together. I dont know if i want that or not now...but I could really use the money for the AHR. Arggggggggggggghhhh!

Originally Posted by KristinaM 

I'm thinking around May. Right now expedia says Packages can only be booked within the next 330 days and you can select out to the beginning of February 2013.

#462 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
    • 204 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

You both should check out Delta Vacations toos...they have packages now, quite a few options for what you are doing as well.

Originally Posted by jlb392 

I've always shied away from them, since I used to work in hotels and we hated when people booked through a 3rd party, but if it gets us a better deal, then I'm all for it.  Especially since flights were looking pretty pricey

#463 jlb392

jlb392
      • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

thanks!  we'll have to check it out

Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

You both should check out Delta Vacations toos...they have packages now, quite a few options for what you are doing as well.

#464 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
        • 400 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

We are! I think there are a few more that are close too - hopefully they come on here and post their dates :) I think it's nice to see who's coming up and just helps to keep track without looking back in the forum.

2012 ladies - post your dates too :)

Hey Ladies! Looks like all three of us are close together!

DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

KristinaM (Kristina)                 Wedding: April 18, 2013             Travel April 13-27

Our travel isn't booked yet though since it's not yet available down here! I can't wait to get that done.

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#465 jlb392

jlb392
          • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

maybe we should all get together for drinks when we get down there :-)

#466 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
            • 400 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Absolutely! My guests leave the 13th so I'll be down for some drinks with fellow brides!

Originally Posted by jlb392 

maybe we should all get together for drinks when we get down there :-)

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#467 jlb392

jlb392
              • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone know anything about their restaurants?  Their site is a little lacking on the info :-)

#468 jlb392

jlb392
                • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

that "NOOB" classification is almost gone! woot!

#469 KristinaM

KristinaM
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,082 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
                  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I always find better prices through the packages so I'm guilty. I do get nervous though so I usually will email the hotel directly about two weeks before our stay to confirm that they received our reservation and all is set.

We should def get together for a drink!

And I didn't know about delta- will check that out for sure thanks!

Resturaunts-- let me try and remember... Route 66 was like typical diner food, italian was nice but i didn't really love my dish, and I compeltely forget what I had. Mexican was good. I think we ate there twice. I have to go through my pictures to see if I remember more from when I was there. We didn't eat at the dominican though I can't remember why.

#470 jlb392

jlb392
                  • 197 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I think with expedia, travelocity, etc you're pretty safe.  However, I would be concerned about some of the shadier looking sites out there.  I've seen a few Caribbean Vacation type sites that don't really seem on the up & up.

we should definitely get a drink!  You, Alicia and I will all be there at the same time!

I always find better prices through the packages so I'm guilty. I do get nervous though so I usually will email the hotel directly about two weeks before our stay to confirm that they received our reservation and all is set.

We should def get together for a drink!

And I didn't know about delta- will check that out for sure thanks!

Resturaunts-- let me try and remember... Route 66 was like typical diner food, italian was nice but i didn't really love my dish, and I compeltely forget what I had. Mexican was good. I think we ate there twice. I have to go through my pictures to see if I remember more from when I was there. We didn't eat at the dominican though I can't remember why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users