Jump to content

Photo

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#441 jlb392

jlb392
  • Jr. Member
  • 197 posts

    Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

    we're doing the same thing.  We'll have 25-30 people (we're doing the blue affair package, so 20 people are included).  Then just doing dinner and the cake.  I think if you're doing the complimentary package, it's 10 people that are included, then you just pay $15 per person over the 10.

    We thought about getting one of the larger packages that included a reception, but just figured that since we would do something here at home later, it's not worth the additional $$ to us.
     

    Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

    I plan on having about 25-30 people here, would you have to pay extra for the people beyond the 10 for the ceremony? Also, I might just go with a reservation rather than a reception since we are having a AHR here. Thoughts?

     



     



     



    #442 Dominican Ally

    Dominican Ally
    • Jr. Member
    • 400 posts

      Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:43 PM


      Yay! Congrats on getting your date! It feels great, right?!

      We'll definately be seeing you down there! I think there will be a few of us down there overlapping - we'll have to have a drink!

       

       

      Originally Posted by jlb392 

      Looks like we have our date!  April 17th of next year.  We'll be just after you, Alicia!



       


      Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

      49 Guests booked, and counting...


      #443 Dominican Ally

      Dominican Ally
      • Jr. Member
      • 400 posts

        Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

        Aww - thanks guys! I just remember how frustrated I was trying to find out all of this info, and narrow down my choices! This forum was oh so helpful to me, so I'm more than happy to help others out!


        Now we can all help each other out over the coming months, and count down together!

        Originally Posted by ntlsnow 


        Alicia is very helpful!!! :-)
         



         



         



        Originally Posted by jlb392 

        She absolutely is!!
         



         



         


        Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

        49 Guests booked, and counting...


        #444 Dominican Ally

        Dominican Ally
        • Jr. Member
        • 400 posts

          Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

          I think going with a dinner reservation is totally fine! Your guests can gather after dinner in the lobby bar, and then to the disco if you want to dance the night away :) Especially since you are having an AHR!

           

          We have a really good portion of our family and friends joining us, and if we have an AHR it will literally just be a backyard bbq type thing - very casual and inexpensive. So - for me, my only real reception will be down there - which is why we're doing the Sand Ext. package. My family is spread out around the country, so the AHR will just be for some of the local family and friends who didn't end up coming down south with us.....

           

          I think the beauty of a destination wedding, is that you can do it any way you want to, which is perfect!

           

           


          Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

          49 Guests booked, and counting...


          #445 missjade

          missjade
          • Newbie
          • 41 posts

            Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:55 PM


            Got your email, thanks so much! :)

             

            Originally Posted by alittlerandr 

            @lozzawatts & @missjade - I just emailed the additional services pdf for 2012.



             

            Attached Files



            #446 Dominican Ally

            Dominican Ally
            • Jr. Member
            • 400 posts

              Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

              So ladies, I was thinking just to make it easier to keep straight - we could do a little posting like I've seen on some of the other resort's forums where we keep track of our dates?! What do you think? I'll start with mine, and if you want to add yours in to the list (in date order) - just add it and repost....that way we know who's wedding is coming up and if any of us will overlap etc.

               

               

               

               

               

              DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

               

               


              Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

              49 Guests booked, and counting...


              #447 ntlsnow

              ntlsnow
              • Jr. Member
              • 204 posts

                Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:42 AM


                Oh good, I thought I was the only one. LOL! It is not set in stone yet but I think we are leaning towards the Blue Affair package and then a reservation.

                I am at this time just happy I finally chose a resort. You are all so much further than me. I am planning a January 2013 wedding...date to come soon!
                 

                Originally Posted by jlb392 

                we're doing the same thing.  We'll have 25-30 people (we're doing the blue affair package, so 20 people are included).  Then just doing dinner and the cake.  I think if you're doing the complimentary package, it's 10 people that are included, then you just pay $15 per person over the 10.

                We thought about getting one of the larger packages that included a reception, but just figured that since we would do something here at home later, it's not worth the additional $$ to us.
                 



                 



                 



                #448 jlb392

                jlb392
                • Jr. Member
                • 197 posts

                  Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:46 AM


                  sounds good. I'll copy & paste yours (I think that's the easiest way...then the next person can quote me or copy mine)

                   

                  DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

                  jlb392 (Jessica)                      Wedding: April 17, 2013             Travel: April 14-24

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 

                  So ladies, I was thinking just to make it easier to keep straight - we could do a little posting like I've seen on some of the other resort's forums where we keep track of our dates?! What do you think? I'll start with mine, and if you want to add yours in to the list (in date order) - just add it and repost....that way we know who's wedding is coming up and if any of us will overlap etc.

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                  DominicanAlly (Alicia)             Wedding: April 11, 2013             Travel: April 6-20

                   

                   



                   



                  #449 jlb392

                  jlb392
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 197 posts

                    Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

                    I'm not that much further....I did just finally get the date yesterday.  Are you doing a legal ceremony?  If so, it may take a couple days for them to get back to you with the judge's availability.
                     

                    Originally Posted by ntlsnow 


                    Oh good, I thought I was the only one. LOL! It is not set in stone yet but I think we are leaning towards the Blue Affair package and then a reservation.

                    I am at this time just happy I finally chose a resort. You are all so much further than me. I am planning a January 2013 wedding...date to come soon!
                     



                     



                     



                    #450 jlb392

                    jlb392
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 197 posts

                      Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

                      thanks.....feels so good to have the date.  I think I was driving my FI nuts last night...I was so excited.  We definitely have to meet up when we get there....I'll buy you a drink lol 


                      Yay! Congrats on getting your date! It feels great, right?!

                      We'll definately be seeing you down there! I think there will be a few of us down there overlapping - we'll have to have a drink!

                       

                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users