Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
863 replies to this topic

#191 Swonder30

Swonder30
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hello Brides!

I'm just starting to plan our destination wedding and our travel agent has recommended OB.  From all of the threads, it appears some individuals are very happy, but some have encountered problems. Those of you who have your date booked, how has your planning been going the last few months?  Would you recommend this location to other brides?  For those of you who have been to this resort, is it more geared to family/couples then singles?  Did you receive any complaints about the distance from the beach to the main lobby?

Any details you can provide are always appreciated.

Happy planning!

#192 GinaLynn22

GinaLynn22
    • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

Hi gals,

Our TA suggest OB to us for our small destination wedding.  Could someone email me the wedding package info please?

Thanks!

gina.keel@gmail.com

#193 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
      • 244 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

How's everyone's planning going??!!  I just ordered my bridesmaids' dresses and 11 people have booked so far so it is starting to feel real... I am sending out official invitations next week...yayyy

#194 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
        • 215 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

I am actually in the process of trying to cancel my deposit there.  Decided the flight and hassle of driving down to Seattle was to much.  So am now getting married in Cuba at new Riu with amazing prices. Turns out they haven't monopolized on weddings there yet!

#195 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
          • 244 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Sorry to hear that!!  Glad you found a better deal though :)  Anyone else planning??  I need someone to be excited with - invitations are complete and going out next week :)

#196 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
            • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

I am...although veeeery slowly. Just need to keep reminding myself to be patient!

Our date is Feb 28, 2012, and we've put down a very small deposit....that's it. I've asked several times what to do next, but it's not really going anywhere. What all have you done so far?

Our invites have gone out and we have 43 booked so far.

#197 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
              • 244 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

I am exactly one month earlier than you :)  so far... I bought my dress...ordered my bridesmaid dresses...picked out groomsman attire (have yet to order though)....booked a dj/mc (been emailing back and forth about music)...hired a minister (also chose the ceremony script)....we chose the menu items....decoration package... I guess that isn't a ton either... I have also been working like crazy on stuff for OOT bags (I have become a coupon lady) - Are you doing those?  43 is a great number!! :)  Right now, we only have 15 booked, but hopefully more will once these invitations go out.  Next, I plan on doing programs and finalizing flower choices (hopefully)... I also need to figure out what I want to do about a photographer :)

#198 emives

emives
                • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by MsClarke724 

I am exactly one month earlier than you :)  so far... I bought my dress...ordered my bridesmaid dresses...picked out groomsman attire (have yet to order though)....booked a dj/mc (been emailing back and forth about music)...hired a minister (also chose the ceremony script)....we chose the menu items....decoration package... I guess that isn't a ton either... I have also been working like crazy on stuff for OOT bags (I have become a coupon lady) - Are you doing those?  43 is a great number!! :)  Right now, we only have 15 booked, but hopefully more will once these invitations go out.  Next, I plan on doing programs and finalizing flower choices (hopefully)... I also need to figure out what I want to do about a photographer :)

Where did you get your dj/mc and minister from? I know that the sound system comes included in our package and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to get a dj/mc. Did you go with Pastor York for your ceremony? I think we're gonna stick with the one that's included but I don't really like the ceremony script. Oh well, it's saves us money.

Oh and are there decoration packages? The WC never sent me anything with that. Just the wedding extras like bouquets and whatnot.

Attached Files

#199 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
                  • 189 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

Okay, so I am WAAAY behind you both...the only things I've seen from the resort are the 3 different packages (blue affair, sand extraveganza, ocean romance). I haven't seen anything re: minister, ceremony script, decoration package, wedding extras, etc. Are both working directly with the hotel or with a travel agent?

Otherwise, yes, I'm doing OOT bags (haven't bought anything yet, just looking at prices, etc), my dress, my bridesmaids dresses (scored from target.com for less than $40 each! woot!).

Sooo glad to have people to chat with about all of this :)

#200 MsClarke724

MsClarke724
                    • 244 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

@emives I booked the dj/mc through the wedding coordinator since they charge $350 to bring in an outside vendor - so it s a little pricey at $987 but I really wanted a Dj and MC - if you go with just the Dj, it is a little cheaper at like $500 - you can also choose to play an ipod, but that just wasn't for us.  Anyways, they have a facebook page here: https://www.facebook...30773313618268.  For the minister, we are using Rick York - he comes highly recommended on here.  We are having a symbolic ceremony so this works perfect for us.  We also wanted to make sure the ceremony was in English because I know some of the legal ceremonies have to be translated??  He sent me several variations of a ceremony script and let me edit it as I chose - love him already - he is $350.  In the wedding services packet she sent me, there are 4 choices for decorations ranging from $300 to $1200 - it is in the same packet that contains flower and center piece options.  If you don't have it, I could email it to you.

@alittleranddr  As far as wedding stuff goes, I am working directly with the hotel.  I have a PDF file of extras if you want to send me your email, I could forward it.  It has flower options, center pieces, extras, etc.  We are working with a Pastor outside of the resort so that is how we have chose our ceremony script.  If you are going with the hotel person, I'm sure you could request to have one sent to you.  Congrats on the bargain dresses!!  That's awesome!!  Whenever you start your OOT bags, you should definitely consider being a coupon lady for a few months - I have got lots of stuff for fairly cheap - and you can use ebay to purchase large amounts of coupons for cheap.  

Yayy ladies - I am also so happy to have someone to chat with about all this too - keep me updated - I am traveling back to PA on Tuesday and get to see my wedding dress for the first time - it has been in since January (but I live in Arizona) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users