Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

Oh nevermind :)  i just saw Sonya's post.  Has Yinette been helpful so far? 

Originally Posted by SonyaR View Post

I emailed Ada to ask when she will be back and I received a response back from Yinette saying that she is replacing Ada and god willing (her words) Ada will be back in March. It seems that Ada may already be gone and I asked her to confirm this and if we use the same email address.

I'll let everyone know when I hear back.

i have to say i hope to god that ada is not there anymore.. and to be quite honest i still think she is there until November. .

I had an email exchange with her last week.

but anyways i will ask the manager to see if she is still there..

will keep you ladies posted.

Ladies... My finance and I went to Ocean Blue as part as of a family vacation in May of this year.  It was a great time, loved the resort, food, everything.  Anyway, since then we got engaged and decided we would like to get married there in May of 2011.  We have both filed out the online forms on their website over the past couple of weeks requesting more information about their packages and yet to receive any emails back.  And now I'm reading about all the changes going on with their planners.  Is it still a good idea? Any valid email addresses to get into contact with somebody there?

Thanks

Great question- does anyone know the answer..?

Originally Posted by SonyaR View Post

Any former Ocean brides, what do they do about wine at the reception dinner? Do they put it on the tables so guests can help themselves or do they serve or do you just order what you want? My FI is suddenly concerned about the wine and wants to pay to upgrade the wine but I don't think it's necessary as I'm sure that whatever they serve is fine. How does this work?

Thanks!

I received pricing for the ceremony decorations yesterday and was shocked at the price they are charging.

This is $750 and there is a similar setup with less flowers for $650. I can't seem to post that picture. We get the white chair covers and bows in our package so I am finding this extremely expensive for a 15-20 minute ceremony. What is everyone else doing or did for their wedding ceremony setup?

C:Documents and SettingsINNOVARTDesktopFOTOS BODA JANELLEPicture 011.jpg

I booked our January 2011 wedding there back in May of this year and since booking I have had to work with 3 different WC's. It is really frustrating, since not all of them are even on the same page. I was promised one thing by one and told by another if I have it in writing they will honor it. Since I am already booked there I have no other choice but to continue to deal with this, but if I had a choice I would choose another location. The resort may be beautiful and the food may be great but the wedding services are not great. Too after you add in all the extras that they will charge for what you may want you will probably pay around the same at another resort that just gives you the big price right up front. That has just been my experience. I am truly trying to stay positive and I am hoping that when we get there all goes well. However since you asked I thought I would give you my honest opinion. Good luck.

OMG Alm0411,

I feel your pain. I'm on the same boat as you are... I have spoken to 2 WC coordinator since i started to plan my wedding. Now the first WC i had which was Julissa was GREAT... i loved her, but now i have Ada which i cant wait til she leaves because she makes everything so much harder and complicated. she has given me different prices for everything. after a few back and forth email she said that she will honor everything Julissa gave me. But I'm so over Ada that I'm just waiting for her to leave on maternity leave because i can not even talk to her.

ambeto,

That is the same exact problem I am having. I started with Julissa who I did have a few problems with but we worked them out very quick. Now I am having a hard time getting what Julissa has promised me. My problem was since we are having the "Free" wedding package (which if not free at all, in fact far from it) but anyway it allows for 10 guests. I have 12 and for two more people they Ada says I have to upgrade to the next package for another $1,000. For two more freaking seats I thought you gotta be kidding me right? I told them they could keep the cake and wine all I wanted is two more chairs for the ceremony which is all of 10 min since we are also only doing a symbolic ceremony. Julissa had told me since I only had two more quests she could work it out that we would only pay $15 more per person. I thought that was fair since I am not doing a private dinner or anything. We are coming home and having a reception with the whole dinner, cake and drinks. Ada says no and wants more money. I am just going to have two of my guests who already said they would walk up and just stand and watch since it is only 10 min. I feel like when they put the cake and wine out I just want to walk away and say NO THANK YOU!!!!! Since they can't just give me a simple request and want to make it difficult. I just hope whoever takes over is better than this. Good luck with your planning. Let me know if you come across any good news.

Alm0411,

I feel your pain.... Look I ended up writing a long email to Ada and I CC everyone else in the hotel that I have come across including the Sales Manager. Because 1. Ada was charging me much more, and then she told me that if I had the email where Julissa gave me the prices for the cocktail food she will honor the same price. So I sent her the email, and then she had audacity to say that the prices that Julissa had promised had changed at the beginning of the year and no longer were available. So then I replied back saying that 1. If the prices had changed at the beginning of the year the date of the email that Julissa had sent me was at the end of January so if they had changed I was sure Julissa would've not offered those prices. 2. Those prices had to be available because she already had said that if I forwarded that email she will honor it. So since she was not planning on keeping her word I wrote a long emails explaining how dissatisfy I was with her service. Because everything I had asked her is a “no†it canâ€t be done  or its too expensive. I went on to say that I had a very present experience with Julissa and she was the total opposite.  I told her that itâ€s already hard enough planning a wedding from a different country and if she as my wedding Coordinator couldnâ€t help alleviate the stress then I wanted to work with someone else. Ada replied apologizing, and saying that she will honor all the prices that Julissa had given me, but also saying that the other wedding coordinator would give me the same service because the new girl is working underneath her. . So in other words saying that whatever she says goes... I haven't emailed her back and itâ€s been like 3 weeks because Iâ€m waiting for her to leave so I don't have to deal with her. I canâ€t stand her... plus Iâ€m not going to drive myself crazy right now because Iâ€m still waiting for all the rsvp to arrives to really know how many guest are going to the wedding.  So Iâ€m not going to waste my time if I still donâ€t have a final count. But trust me it has not been a walk in the park working with ADA...

Btw Iâ€m having a bit of a big wedding.  Most of our guest are flying to DR and so far I have about 50 guest and there are still a lot more that havenâ€t sent the card that I know are going.