Sign in to follow this  
SabBrew

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

ok so i know i haven't posted in a long time but i've been super busy.. anyways.. I'm leaving this week to meet my WC, pastor,photographer. decorator etc...

Im doing things a little different, I'm not choosing a package because according to my WC it will be more expensive for us. so we are getting a decorator/ event planner to do everything for us.. I'm so excited... can't wait until next week....

Originally Posted by Anna22 View Post

I've stayed at this resort as well as some top notch resorts, and I enjoyed the food at this resort best!!!

Oh yeah, that makes me happy to hear. I find it very stressful not knowing what a place is like when you've picked it for your guests. Any other comments about the resort that you wouldn't mind sharing. I can take the good and bad so I am prepared.

My sister is in the very early stages of planning her wedding and has chosen Ocean Blue/Sands. My parents actually own a timeshare at the resort and can't say anything but great things about the place. She said the food is great, beaches are amazing, and just the sheer amount of activity going on makes it a great resort for families. One negative that my parents had was with the Mexican restaurant. They have been to this resort twice now and both time the food at the Mexican restaurant made them sick...and they really have stomach's of steel usually!

Ii am the MOH for my sister and my husband and I are actually going to the resort in February on holidays (utilizing a week of the timeshare!) and we are planning on checking out the wedding facilities for my sister while we are there. One thing my sister is worried about is the Ceremony on the beach,....my parents witnessed one during their stay and could not believe how many people got up from their loungers and walked over to the ceremony to watch it...in their banana hammocks too. My dad took a picture of this scene (from his lounger) to show my sister just how awful it was...seriously, a huge crowd around the ceremony action...if I was the bride this would not be the scene I was hoping for walking down the isle. So my sister is contemplating her ceremony in the gazebo..followed by a beach cocktail reception...has anyone seen photos of the ceremony in the gazebo that I can show her? Has anyone experienced this same problem with the ceremony on the beach? Did it bother you? Did you see the crowds of people watching in the background in your photos?

Thanks for your advice and I look forward to being the liason for my sister on this forum!

I had my ceremony at the beach and honestly, yes there was people all around, but I did not care a lick. I only had eyes on my DH and I was so 'in the moment' I didn't see or hear anything going on around me LOL. I even remember being pissed afterwards that DH's best man forgot to put the music on and he's like actually it was on the whole time! haha.

FYI- For any 2012 Ocean brides

I received an email from Ada (wedding coord at Ocean) letting me know that they are not taking reservations for 2012. For those of you like me who wanted to be ahead of the game, know that they will start accepting 2012 booking in January 2011.

Just thought I would share. :)