Sign in to follow this  
SabBrew

Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post

does anyone knows how long is the reception itself?it said 4hours, but im confused it is 4hrs all together with the ceremony,or ceremony separate and then 4 hrs dinner/reception...

I think It's 4 hours separate dinner/reception.

we are all flying from MA, so patiently waiting for jetblue to release their schedule/prices

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

No, I did not book the airline tix yet, I don't think the prices are out yet. Most of my guests will be flying out of Philadelphia, PA.

ladies, i need to share this with you. Because im about to pull hair our of my head. We were planning to book for oct 9, 2012. But now i have my side of my family acting like a pest about it. Saying that oct is a hurricane season, and that they are afraid to go. Yes, i am aware that aug-oct is hurricane season. But honestly i think it is hit or miss. I was in DR in october and we had the best weather. But again you never know. The thing is my FI can not go nov and dec. Yeah feb/march is a great month but then it puts us in 2013 which i dont want to do. Any suggestions? before i pull all of my hair?the reason we were shooting for oct 9, because of the labor day, and that kids will have to miss less school days for the ones who goes. Does anyone knows if end of october is usually more calmer as far as hurricanes?tnx

Hi Skygirl,

I did a quick google search and came up with this:

Chances of being caught in a hurricane
The hurricane season in the Caribbean is from June through November, with September historically being the peak month for the storms. There are exceptions. In 2003, hurricanes happened outside those dates. That year, the first regional hurricane hit the Caribbean in April and the last in December. And in 2007, the DR was affected by Tropical Storm Noel on 29 October and Tropical Storm Olga on 12 December.

Hurricanes are rare events. The DR has been hit by 11 hurricanes in almost 80 years. Historically, big hurricanes have been widely spaced out through the years and for the most part have hit the less populated southwestern and western coasts of the Dominican Republic. Past recorded hurricanes that have hit the DR and with main affected area have been:

Jeanne. (Category 1). 17 September 2004. East coast, Samana on the Northeast and North Coast (as tropical storm).

Georges. (Category 3). 22 September 1998. La Romana to Santo Domingo on the southern coast.
Hortense. (Category 3). 10 September 1996. East coast from Punta Cana to Samana. 130 kph.

Gilbert. (Category 3). 11 September 1988. Barahona on the southwestern coast, with winds of 200 kph.
Emely. (Category 4). 22 September 1987. Bani on the southwestern coast, winds of 220 kph.

David. (Category 4-5). 31 August 1979. Santo Domingo on the southcentral coast to the southwest.

Beulah. (Category 4). 10-11 September 1967. Barahona on the western coast with winds of 225 kms per hour.
Ines. (Category 4). 29 September 1966. Barahona on the western coast, winds of 240 kph.
Edith. (Category 2). 26-27 September 1963. La Romana on the southeastern coast, winds of 160 kph.

Katie. (Category 1). 16 October 1955. Barahona on the western coast, winds of 125 kph.

San Zenon. (Category 4-5). 3 September 1930. Santo Domingo on the southcentral coast.

Note that the last hurricane to hit the capital city of Santo Domingo was Georges (Category 3) on 22 September 1998 and before that, Hurricane David (Category 4) in 1979 and San Zenon, Category 4-5 (September 1930). Thus the likelihood of you being caught in one is very small.

http://dr1.com/weather/hurricanes.shtml#2

Hope that helps you argue your case!

alittlerandr, aww u r so good. I should probably just forward this to my family. brrr. thank you girl

Originally Posted by alittlerandr View Post

Hi Skygirl,

I did a quick google search and came up with this:

Chances of being caught in a hurricane
The hurricane season in the Caribbean is from June through November, with September historically being the peak month for the storms. There are exceptions. In 2003, hurricanes happened outside those dates. That year, the first regional hurricane hit the Caribbean in April and the last in December. And in 2007, the DR was affected by Tropical Storm Noel on 29 October and Tropical Storm Olga on 12 December.

Hurricanes are rare events. The DR has been hit by 11 hurricanes in almost 80 years. Historically, big hurricanes have been widely spaced out through the years and for the most part have hit the less populated southwestern and western coasts of the Dominican Republic. Past recorded hurricanes that have hit the DR and with main affected area have been:

Jeanne. (Category 1). 17 September 2004. East coast, Samana on the Northeast and North Coast (as tropical storm).

Georges. (Category 3). 22 September 1998. La Romana to Santo Domingo on the southern coast.
Hortense. (Category 3). 10 September 1996. East coast from Punta Cana to Samana. 130 kph.

Gilbert. (Category 3). 11 September 1988. Barahona on the southwestern coast, with winds of 200 kph.
Emely. (Category 4). 22 September 1987. Bani on the southwestern coast, winds of 220 kph.

David. (Category 4-5). 31 August 1979. Santo Domingo on the southcentral coast to the southwest.

Beulah. (Category 4). 10-11 September 1967. Barahona on the western coast with winds of 225 kms per hour.
Ines. (Category 4). 29 September 1966. Barahona on the western coast, winds of 240 kph.
Edith. (Category 2). 26-27 September 1963. La Romana on the southeastern coast, winds of 160 kph.

Katie. (Category 1). 16 October 1955. Barahona on the western coast, winds of 125 kph.

San Zenon. (Category 4-5). 3 September 1930. Santo Domingo on the southcentral coast.

Note that the last hurricane to hit the capital city of Santo Domingo was Georges (Category 3) on 22 September 1998 and before that, Hurricane David (Category 4) in 1979 and San Zenon, Category 4-5 (September 1930). Thus the likelihood of you being caught in one is very small.

http://dr1.com/weather/hurricanes.shtml#2

Hope that helps you argue your case!

MsClarke,

Would you be willing to email the additional wedding package information. I only received the Wedding Packages also. We are planning our wedding for June 9, 2012 and I am still a little confused on how all of this works. We should have about 30-40 gues and I am still trying to figure out the best way to go. Are there any packages that include a reception, ipod or DJ (do you have to supply your own playlist for the DJ). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post

we are all flying from MA, so patiently waiting for jetblue to release their schedule/prices

who are you booking trought? I hear apple vacations in good.