Ocean Blue & Sand-Punta Cana

Thanks! I couldn't believe how cheap they were compared to similar bags I've come across online........not to mention they seem to have them in tons of colours.

I went ahead and ordered them last night. The site also has 15% off right now, and the price decreases with most of their items once you order over 10.....so I think I ended up paying about $1.00 per bag for 50 bags! I was hesitant to buy them, as I always feel like I should keep shopping for something "better"......but honestly I need a reality check - because I don't think I'm going to beat that deal! lol.

I was also freaking out about my table runners.....they seem fairly sheer (since they are organza....) so I didn't know what to do to make sure the tables had some sort of "pop" in colour. I saw a picture of a girl doing this: (using a satin napkin in center of table with the organza runner).....What do you think? I would have something different for a centerpiece, if I ever find something affordable/easy to pack.......I think with the pricing on efavormart - I end up paying about 2.25 per table to have a runner/napkin for center....

Has anyone found any good centerpiece ideas that will pack/travel easily?

66b78c47_232323232fp53238_nu3252_47_37_WSNRCG3472588325nu0mrj.jpg

Originally Posted by jlb392 View Post

I LOVE those bags!!  They'd be great for OOT bags!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with people not responding to the prelim RSVP.  I have January 7th as the RSVP on the invites, but I'm hoping most people will respond before then.  The invites should be sent out by mid-August, so that should give people enough time.  Until then, I can't do much with the OOT bags.  

That's a good idea doing hair and makeup trials now, since it's hot. The only issue is that I'm hoping that my hair will grow out enough to do this with it:

http://pinterest.com/pin/269019777711726939/

right now it's just almost to my chest, and my stylist seems confident that it will be long enough by April. I'm also breaking down and getting Latisse.  I was dead-set against it, but after spending almost $150 on different waterproof mascaras and still not finding one I like, I think I'd just rather not have to deal with it.  For the rest of the makeup, Nars makes a great set that I think would be right for my coloring, so I think I'm going with that (http://www.sephora.com/wicked-attraction-set-P301777?skuId=1388834).  

So many decisions....

Originally Posted by KristinaM View Post

LOL seriously with the people lying under it! I like the other pictures better! haha

Yeah, I'm just taking a planning break because we still haven't booked (waiting on a few more airlines to release their flights) and I have NO idea how many people we have because people just ignored the prelim RSVP on my STDs. Oh well- will probably sending invites out earlier now and then I can get myself busy. Next step for me will be dress shopping but I'm trying to lose a few more pounds first. And my MOH wants to do some hair and makeup trials while it's hot and humid here!

quick question for the US Brides- I know some airlines don't have pilot's closets (to stow your dress).  Does anyone know which airlines don't and which do?

thanks!

I flew Delta and I'm not sure if there was a closet available or not; I wound up putting my (pretty large) dress on top of the luggage in the overhead bins. It was able to lay flat and I had no issues with wrinkles when we finally arrived. So, even if there isn't a closet available on your airline, there will still be another option!

Thanks!  I hadn't even thought about laying it over everything in the overhead bins.

Originally Posted by alittlerandr View Post

I flew Delta and I'm not sure if there was a closet available or not; I wound up putting my (pretty large) dress on top of the luggage in the overhead bins. It was able to lay flat and I had no issues with wrinkles when we finally arrived. So, even if there isn't a closet available on your airline, there will still be another option!

Hi Ladies!  I am so excited about how many brides there are! This forum has been really helpful and I have gotten so many great ideas. This question is more for some of you who have been there before or have gotten married there already. I always wanted to get married on the beach, but after looking at some of the pics, I am really concerned that we will be out of place with all the beach chairs around us and people walking around in front during the ceremony. My ceremony is at 5:00 at night, so I am hoping that people will be gone and headed to their rooms to get ready for dinner. So what is it like to have your ceremony right in the middle of people laying around in their swim suites? Does the resort do a good job of trying to keep people out of the way and somewhat clear away some of the beach chairs? It is not my dream to get married next to the greasy old man in a speedo smoking a cigar. Does anyone have any pics of their ceremony they can post? Or tell me what the atmosphere is like? What is the beach like around 5?

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know how the DJ is at the resort? We were going to just use the iPod or make CDs, but we'd rather pay the extra $200 rather than stress about making the CDs or something going wrong with our own music. With my luck, that would happen!

Also, does anyone know what the reception food is like? Any recommendations on h'ordourves (not sure how its spelled), appetizers, entrees, and desserts?

And how does the open bar work? Do we have our own bar and bar tender? Or do people order drinks from servers and they get take orders? I am having my reception at La Brasa if that helps answer the question. My fear is that it is going to take a long time for my guests to get drinks if there are servers, and my group likes to booze it up at parties ;)

Sorry for all the questions!

quick question for the US Brides- I know some airlines don't have pilot's closets (to stow your dress).  Does anyone know which airlines don't and which do?

thanks!

That is a really good question! I was planning on putting my gown in the captains closet as well. That might be a great question for the TA. I'll ask mine and see what she says. 

Hey there!! I am getting married in Apr 2013, I have the same concern. I was at a wedding in Mexico last year and it was ridiculous how many ppl flocked to watch. I really do not want my wedding to be a source of entertainment. Great idea on booking the 5 pm time. I was really tempted to before deciding I wanted to be able to drag the day on ;) opting for the 3pm time slot. When are you getting married? What package did you go with? I am just smoothing out all these details, I would love to hear what others are doing! Keep me posted :)

I am getting married at 5 pm on 10/11/12. ( I"m hoping some of my groomsmen can stay sober for 5pm...LOL) From what some of the other brides have said, there are sitll some people lurking around (not as many) but you are so focused you don't really realize.

I am playing my Ipod, I think the DJ is a fee and the MC is another fee, PLUS tax!!!