Photo

Digital slide converter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frazali

frazali
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

I have a large amount of personal slides and negatives that I want to convert to digital files. What I have found on Amazon and on B & H Photo starts at $50 and goes up from there. I would pay up to $200 for something with notably superior resolution/quality.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I would like to find something that I can download that files to a memory stick and plug into my pc laptop.

I would like something portable (will be scanning away from home), but if one comes highly recommended I will certainly consider something less portable since I can bring my laptop.

Thanks all.

#2 frazali

frazali
    • 245 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

So in case anyone is thinking about holiday presents, I got a converter at Best Buy for about $80 the other day. It's great! It comes with a holder for slides, a holder for negatives, and a scanner. I tried it out, and the resolution on a negative from 1992 was surprisingly good.

It's going to be a long project for me to digitize all of the negatives and slides, but it will be nice to have archived them before they further degrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users