15 replies to this topic

#1 icanhaswedding

icanhaswedding
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hi everyone!

Names: Devon (and Jeff)
    Wedding date: 2011
    Wedding location: Oh maybe Jamaica...or the Yucatan...or the Bahamas...or the Dominican Republic...or possibly Jackson Hole or the Maroon Bells/Aspen area. We're really just in the researching stage. We are leaning toward the Caribbean right now. I just spent Thanksgiving in JA at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, and thought it was nice, but the beach wasn't as pretty as I might hope, and the size/decor made it seem kind of Vegas-y if you know what I mean. But we also want it to be all-inclusive, so always get a little bit of that feeling at those kind of resorts. So now maybe the Iberostar Bavaro Grand in DR might be an option [know the quality of Iberostar and I know from staying at Paradisus in Punta Cana that the beach is lovely there]. But I also like really pretty sunsets so I'm also considering Negril - in contact with the Moondance people, which seems ideal, small and lovely with good food, but unfortunately, they don't seem to give a discount for booking a block of rooms, and also the distance from the airport counts against it. I also LOVE the Royal Plantation, but that also seems a little out of my guest's price range. Sigh. We're totally up in the air at this point, but have some time. Any suggestions/opinions from all of you would be totally appreciated. Thanks!

#2 PynkLemonade

PynkLemonade
    • 350 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. There is a plethora of information here on all the places you mentioned! Happy planning and again welcome!

#3 michaelwachniak

michaelwachniak
      • 271 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

Congratulations Devon and Jeff!! I wish you all the best! :)

#4 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Just one question about the Iberostar...why didn't you like the beach?
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 icanhaswedding

icanhaswedding
          • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by debbmach
            Congrats and welcome to the forum! Just one question about the Iberostar...why didn't you like the beach?
            It was an alright beach, it was just a little shelly/rocky/not powder white. And the water wasn't totally crystal clear blue. I'm probably just a perfectionist, and it's nice that the resort is so close to the airport, but I just felt I've seen nicer beaches in DR, Bahamas, and Ocho Rios.

#6 SuperKate

SuperKate
            • 752 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Good luck planning.

Attached Files

#7 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
              • 5,521 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:12 AM

Hi Devon! Welcome to the BDWF! Looks like you have been doing your research and really have a ton of options! I think you are headed in the right direction. I would read through the reviews and all the topics on here that touch on your choices! You will find tons of helpful info! Congrats and happy planning!

#8 ~Katie~

~Katie~
                • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:57 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and happy planning!!

#9 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
                  • 1,574 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Felicidades and welcome to the forum!!

#10 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

Congrats on your engagement! to the forum! Happy Planning!
                      Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users