worried the reception will be boring.lol

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

We didnt have a DJ either - we picked all our songs - basically i just picked songs i wanted to dance to haha. WE also only had 35 people - trust me it will be fun!

#12 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

I had this same fear. We had a few things happen that really made the reception a blast.
      1) My 70 year old in-laws kicked off the party by breakdancing to "Bust-A-Move"
      2) We set up a photobooth
      3) We had salsa instructors come in about an hour and a half into the dancing
      4) Tequila shots

#13 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

The guest will fend for themselves!! put on some dancing music and enjoy the evening...even if that means simply mingling with you!
        Love is a wonderful thing!
        Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#14 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

thanks girls - youve made me feel better :)

#15 bridej9

• 180 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

I think we all have this worry! I guess I look at as if someone can't enjoy themselves with the sun shine for a wonderful occasion, they aren't going to be happy anywhere!

#16 Melidell

• 1,091 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:04 PM

I've been trying to think of it as more of a party, if that makes sense. I mean, when you have people over for a party you may have 20 or more folks, and you put the music on, they have a few drinks and mingle and usually everyone has a good time. So I'm hoping the reception will be like that but in a much better location than my living room/ back deck! Basically even though it's a smaller group than a typical reception people will probably still have fun- even if they don't dance. I don't know if this will help but that's the way that I've been thinking about it lately and it's made me relax a bit.
              Loving married life!

#17 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

Instead of having a game, why not have have a guestbook that requires more effort than just signing your name?

Welcome to the Guestbook Store! Wedding Guestbooks!

This requires that people take a picture and answer a few questions. If you have someone go around to the people who aren't chatting, drinking, or dancing, they can take the picture and get them involved in filling it out.

#18 jt20

• 71 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

OMg!!! i have the same fear also! I"m thinking of all different party songs for the DJ to play that will keep everyone on their feet!

#19 marak

• 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

Ladies, ladies, ladies....this is what an open bar cocktail hour is for! Get em' liquored up, play some good music and have a good laugh as the photographer catches them acting the fool! :)

#20 Loveisintheair

• 344 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

This is a good thread. i was concerned as well. But I am sure it will all work out in the end. Partay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users