Photo

worried the reception will be boring.lol

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

purpleshells
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

i have this BIG worry that the reception will be boring that no one will dance, everyone will just be sitting there starring at each other.....

anyone know cool games? or something to do to make it fun?

#2 vdaybride

vdaybride
    • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

There is a game called "table talk" its a cube of cards that you can buy. They come in all different topics, people take turns picking a card and acting out or speaking of the topic/action on the card.
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#3 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

I think the reception will be fine... people start talking and having a few drinks and it'll be fine... don't worry everyone will be happy and relaxed

#4 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

I think we all go through the same worry at some point. We end up trying to make up games and such to get people to talk and they end up getting together on their own and having a great time. So in conclusion relax everyone will be fine and if they aren't you can always completely liven up the party daring people to go on the dance floor lol!

#5 punkie569

punkie569
          • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

I've been worried about the same thing. We are having a cocktail party in between the ceremony and the dinner and I'm so worried that everyone will just be standing around waiting for dinnertime since not everyone drinks. We aren't having a reception so this is where we figure we will play music and just hope even a few want to dance. I'm hoping that the music we pick will inspire someone to get out there and shake it. I'm sure after all our worrying everything will work out fine :)
            Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#6 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Do you have a 'partying' type crowd or a pretty modest crowd? I think once people start drinking it'll be fine. But to prevent that...having a DJ who'll play good, upbeat music and in your own venue will really help.
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 Girasole

Girasole
              • 757 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

I am so worried about the same thing. I don't want people to be bored but I don't want to make people dance or play a game if they don't want. Its our wedding but also their vacation.
                Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#8 scrouse

scrouse
                • 185 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

I was soooo paranoid about this same thing!! But trust me--as the other girls said--people will mingle and chat, and they won't be bored! Think about the wedding receptions you have been to...have you ever been bored? Sure, some might not be as exciting as others, but I have never actually been bored at a reception. As long as there are people to talk to, as well as food, drinks, and music, it will all be fine! We brought a game for our guests to play during our reception, but it really wasn't needed. By the time we ate and had some speeches, there was no time left. I know it's hard to take our word for it, but trust us past brides...your reception will be awesome!!!

#9 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

I had this EXACT fear and i posted a thread on it as well - but dont worry as long as u have good music and you adn your DH are out there on the dance floor ppl will have a blast and it will be SUPER fun.

#10 purpleshells

purpleshells
                    • 338 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

hey...ya we cant have a dj....were bringing a ipod..i will try to bring dancy type of music.....we have big drinkers..so it should be fun..or may go a lil overboard which I am terrified of as well....... ive always been bored outa my mind at weddings.cuz i didnt dance.lol...so.....tables are turned and now its my wedding and my biggest fear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users