Photo

No bridesmaid or groomsmen by choice

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 purpleshells

purpleshells
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

We were going to have 2 bridesmaids and groosmen...but after thinking about it....you know what? I think we will not have ANY afterall...saves on stress, time, money, gifts, organization, etc.......

curious if anyone did this, how did it go, did you regret it, was it weird, was it awesome..etc...

let me know, thanks :)

#2 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
    • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:20 AM

I'm having my sister and my FI sister, and my FI is just having his brother. I like it because it's about US, not how big the wedding party can be! I hate going to weddings when they have like 8 bridesmaids. What's the point I'm all about intimate. AND, I could not imagine taking 8 ladies dress shopping!!! LOL!

#3 TeNeil

TeNeil
      • 192 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

No wedding parties for us!
        We want our wedding to be about us and not have to choose between siblings/friends for wedding parties. Our guests are loving it because they can wear whatever they want and can sit for the ceremony!!

#4 Simistar

Simistar
        • 645 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

We didn't have BMs or groomsmen either!
          I also just wanted my friends to wear whatever they wanted and we wanted our ceremony to be quick and casual..and we just didn't feel like a "wedding party" fit into our idea of this:-)
          That said, two of my close girlfriends were basically "honorary" BMS in that they helped me a lot the day of, in terms of making sure things were set up properly and helping me with my dress etc:-)
          However, we've never regretted our decision to NOT have a wedding party:-)

#5 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

If I had to do it over again I would not of had a bridal party and just had it be me and my dh!
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

this is what we did ... and it worked out perfectly! my mom, sister, and bf were with me the day of, helping me get ready, etc. but nothing official. it's less stress on them too, they don't have to pay even more money for the special clothes, etc.!

#7 SusieQ

SusieQ
              • 1,603 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

We are not having a wedding party either... Just us... too many issues to deal with when you sart asking people to be apart of the whole process... I just can not be bothered with the drama.

#8 Melidell

Melidell
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

It seems like a lot of the stress that people have experienced during their weddings has been related to the wedding party. This isn't true for everyone, obviously, but it's definitely a theme I've noticed. Having just you and your FI standing would be more intimate and very romantic and wont look weird at all IMO. If that's what you're leaning towards I say just go with your gut and do it!
                  Loving married life!

#9 debbmach

debbmach
                  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

We're just having a MOH and best man and no one else. I've never wanted a large wedding party, and part of the reason of going away is to avoid this. I basically just told my bestfriend that my sister was my MOH but I still wanted her to help me pick things out and I'll give her a job to do on the wedding day (haven't decided what yet). She didn't take any offence to that.
                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm not having a wedding party either. I don't want to tell my friends what to wear or have them feel like they have to go out of their way any more than they already are coming to the wedding. I am planning to ask my 2 best friends to be with me while I get ready and get dressed and be in a couple of extra pictures with me, but that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users