Photo

Sad News :(

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:17 AM

I just found out that my second cousin (my first cousin's firstborn son) has been diagnosed with an extremely rare condition called "Ponto Cerebellar Hypoplasia" aka PCH. It is a terrible condition in which his brainstem and cerebellum did not properly form when he was in the womb (apparently this is some sort of gynetic anomaly) and most children born with the condition die within the first few years of their lives and if they do live beyond that, it is considered extremely lucky or rare for them to make it up to 30 years of age.

I'm at a huge loss right now, this poor child is 18 months old and hasn't gained any weight at all in the last six months, had club foot, and was also recently diagnosed with being legally blind. I will be keeping my poor little cousin, his father and his mother in my thoughts...I hope that you ladies will say a little prayer for him too. This is just so awful.

#2 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
    • 475 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Prayers and hugs to you and your family, especially your cousin and his family.
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#3 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
      • Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Oh kathy that stinks sooooooo bad. I get so sad hearing stuff like this about young children. They will be in my thoughts and prayers!

#4 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

Oh no Kathy Boo. I am sooo sorry this is happening to your little cousin, that is so sad. And totally stinks. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers! love ya!

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

Oh my, that is such hard news to deal with. It is even more compounded when you are dealing with babies and children too. My thoughts go out to you and your family!

#6 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
            • 762 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

I am so sorry to hear this! I will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers!

#7 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

I'm so so sorry hon Prayers for lil man, coming right up. Keep your faith, life is full of miracles *hugs*

#8 roo66

roo66
                • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:01 AM

Oh my gosh,that kind of news knocks the wind out of you.My thoughts are with you all his parents must be devastated,sending you my heart felt wishes to his dear parents.Lots of hugs 2 x

#9 vdaybride

vdaybride
                  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, I work with children and I am always saddened by hardships on youngsters. i will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for the best in these tough times. A warm hug for you with this message!
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#10 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

ahhh that's terrible Kathy! Keep your chin up, life works in mysterious ways sometimes. I'll definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users