Mom just told me she HATES my shoes with my dress :( *Pics

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#11 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

sorry i love the dress and the shoes but not together.i couldnt find any nice wedges i have had to go for a tiny heel.

#12 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

God dont hate me please! I have to go with Mom on this one I dont like them at all with the dress it kinda downplays it .... I understand your concern on sinking in the sand but maybe trying to wear wedge heals ? ? The dress is so absolutely stunning and the shoes for me are just not flowing with it..

#13 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

I agree with the majority here, beautiful shoes and beautiful dress, just not together! But... with that being said, will anyone really see them??

#14 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

I see the smile on your face and the sparkle in your eyes with them both together and I vote go for what makes "you" happy....

#15 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

I'm not lovin the combo but I guess the questions is, how much do you care what other people think? I made some choices for my wedding that others didn't like and if anyone commented I told them "well for your wedding you can do whatever you want" lol. If you love it then who cares? :)
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#16 girlkin

• 120 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQ View Post
              I see the smile on your face and the sparkle in your eyes with them both together and I vote go for what makes "you" happy....

I agree...do you! Everyone won't be happy 100% of the time. If you feel good in them--wear them!

#17 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

First off what a gorgeous dress. I just love lace. As far as the shoes, they are really nice but I think they don't really go with the dress. But you have to wear what you feel great in!
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#18 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Thanks ladies!! I do love the shoes, and I feel great wearing them, but I want to look great in every way and since my moms "revelation" I don't feel great about the combo either. I was always on the fence, but needed other opinions. I have a serious shoe addiction and I am POSITIVE they will get some wear in Mexico and here at home....with that being said Bloomies and Saks are having a killer sale, so I will update later with my finds for more advice.
                  I LOVE this forum!!!! So helpful!! and my feelings are not even hurt that you ladies hated my combo also

Thank you for your honesty. Have a super Saturday fabulous brides, I am off to shop!! Shhhh don't tell my fiance
                  Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#19 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:41 AM

I voted for change the shoes...as the other girls and your mom have said, they're cute on their own but I'm not crazy about them with your gorgeous dress (and holy moly, you are stunning...wow!) I didn't get married on the beach so this wasn't a dilemma for me but I say you should definitely keep looking and make another poll for us all when you have a few new choices so we can help you decide. Best of luck!

#20 TeNeil

• 192 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:25 AM

I'm agreeing with the majority.....LOVE the dress.....Love the shoes......but not together. I say wear the shoes in Mexico with a short sexy dress and show them off! And use this as an excuse to find another pair of shoes that are more fitting with your dress....maybe a bit more bling to go with the gorgeous lace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users