Favorite Christmas song!!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I did a search & I can't believe there's not a thread on this already!!

Well - I'm just sitting here wrapping some presents & listening to some Christmas music when I thought to ask all the desties what their favorite Christmas song is!

I grew up helping my mom wrap presents to Bing Crosby so he is my all time favorite Christmas song singer. I think my favorite of his is Mele Kalikimaka. It's the Hawaiian Christmas song. Now...I am now where near Hawaiian, but it's always been a favorite of mine since I've been a kid! It just has a really fun beat I guess...and mele kalikimaka is really fun to say!! lol

Oh...and I can't forget O Holy Night! The lady in our church choir used to bring me to tears & give me goose bumps when she sang it at Christmas Eve mass!!

So what's your "must listen to" Christmas song?

#2 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:37 PM

I love them all, but the one that always gets stuck in my head is the one that goes

'I want a hippopautamus for Christmas...only a hippopautamus will do...' Not sure who sings it or the actual title.

Love that one!

#3 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

Amy- I just heard that song for the first time today!

I have 2 new favorites...they are by a midwest group called Straight No Chaser:

12 days of christmas & Christmas Can Can...

check out their website or find them on youtube, I promise you it will be worth it! They are an amazing acapella group! Let me know what you think!
        Loving married life! <3

#4 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

ps- SUCH a good idea for a thread!
          Loving married life! <3

#5 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,047 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
          • LocationToronto

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

I looooove All I Want For Christmas (is you)...totally my fave! I sing along in the car whenever its on

#6 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

Holy smokes sammysgirl! There is a lot going on in that song!! YouTube - Straight No Chaser - 12 Days of Christmas
            I don't know if I could listen to that again! I'm exhausted just listening to it! lol

YouTube - Straight No Chaser - The Christmas Can-Can

Wow...and they're not just funny! They do a great job on Stand by Me! YouTube - Straight No Chaser - Stand By Me

Thank you so much for letting me know about these guys! They are great!

#7 *Linds*

*Linds*
            • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

I'm glad you like them I think they are awesome! Thanks for posting the links! I was being lazy
              Loving married life! <3

#8 jam8x2

jam8x2
              • 82 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers "I'll be home for Christmas" is my favorite from growing up. I really love any of them and love singing them super loud!

#9 Jenn79

Jenn79
                • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

Silent Night is my favourite classic Christmas Carol, it's not really Christmas until I've heard it about fifty times. Silver Bells is up there in the classics as well.

I also really love Baby It's Cold Outside, by Dean Martin. A bunch of people have done it, but no-one better than Dean in my opinion.
                  Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                  Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                  "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#10 carolina24

carolina24
                  • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:51 AM

I love this idea!!! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year and I constantly listen to songs, my FI thinks I'm a little crazy lol. My favorite is definately Oh Holy Night. I also love Silent Night and Winter Wonderland. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users