Sign in to follow this  
BachataBride

Favorite Christmas song!!!

I did a search & I can't believe there's not a thread on this already!!

Well - I'm just sitting here wrapping some presents & listening to some Christmas music when I thought to ask all the desties what their favorite Christmas song is!

I grew up helping my mom wrap presents to Bing Crosby so he is my all time favorite Christmas song singer. I think my favorite of his is Mele Kalikimaka. It's the Hawaiian Christmas song. Now...I am now where near Hawaiian, but it's always been a favorite of mine since I've been a kid! It just has a really fun beat I guess...and mele kalikimaka is really fun to say!! lol

Oh...and I can't forget O Holy Night! The lady in our church choir used to bring me to tears & give me goose bumps when she sang it at Christmas Eve mass!!

So what's your "must listen to" Christmas song?

I love them all, but the one that always gets stuck in my head is the one that goes

'I want a hippopautamus for Christmas...only a hippopautamus will do...' Not sure who sings it or the actual title.

Love that one!

Amy- I just heard that song for the first time today!

I have 2 new favorites...they are by a midwest group called Straight No Chaser:

12 days of christmas & Christmas Can Can...

check out their website or find them on youtube, I promise you it will be worth it! They are an amazing acapella group! Let me know what you think!

I looooove All I Want For Christmas (is you)...totally my fave! I sing along in the car whenever its on wink.gif

Holy smokes sammysgirl! There is a lot going on in that song!! YouTube - Straight No Chaser - 12 Days of Christmas

I don't know if I could listen to that again! I'm exhausted just listening to it! lol

YouTube - Straight No Chaser - The Christmas Can-Can rofl.gif

Wow...and they're not just funny! They do a great job on Stand by Me! YouTube - Straight No Chaser - Stand By Me

Thank you so much for letting me know about these guys! They are great!

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers "I'll be home for Christmas" is my favorite from growing up. I really love any of them and love singing them super loud!

Silent Night is my favourite classic Christmas Carol, it's not really Christmas until I've heard it about fifty times. Silver Bells is up there in the classics as well.

I also really love Baby It's Cold Outside, by Dean Martin. A bunch of people have done it, but no-one better than Dean in my opinion.

I love this idea!!! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year and I constantly listen to songs, my FI thinks I'm a little crazy lol. My favorite is definately Oh Holy Night. I also love Silent Night and Winter Wonderland. :)