Thinking of hiring

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

Im thinking of hiring a duo for my wedding. One plays flute and one plays clasic guitar. What do you all think?
    I would really like to post the MP3 so you can listen to them and give me your amazing responses but I cant figure out how to!!!

OK here is the link to the site if you wanna take a listen!
    Duo Divine - A Classical Flute and Guitar Ensemble

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:52 PM

Well I think it "sounds" great. However it didn't work out for us. We hired the duo for our wedding, the day before our wedding day we get a call from our WC that said they weren't going to do it unless we paid them $500.00, keep in mind our orginal quote was $120.00 for an hour. So I said hell no. They claim their "union" wouldn't let them do it for less. So we ended up with music but NOT AT ALL what we wanted.

#3 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
      • VIP Member
      • 2,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

OMG Im so sorry Tammy! That sounds horrible.
        My sister had a quartet at her wedding and they were really amazing. These ladies arent part of any business, they just do it as a side gig, so hopefully they would be reliable. They seem genuinely interested though. I was quoted $300 for the hour which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Just get something in writing. IMO I think part of the problem was because Maye never called to confirm the appointment until the day before. And she should have gotten it in writing. I could have made a big issue out of it but I refused to let anything get to me while on vacation. I still think it would have been beautiful, so if it works out, go for it.

#5 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
          • VIP Member
          • 2,861 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

Oh ya, for sure I would get stuff in writing. Thats one of the perks about not having a DW, you know for sure what has been told to each vendor. Im so glad that you didnt let it get to you though!!

#6 ajncooter

ajncooter
            • 983 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

i think it would be great to have them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users