Gran Bahia Principe - menu help

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ladies,

I was just married at the Gran Bahia on November 30th. We had the private reception at the Piscis snack bar restaurant with the garden grill menu. The food was actually really good. We had the ceasar salad, louisiana corn chowder, barbeque chicken with veggies and the pineapple cobbler for dessert. We went with a menu that would be agreeable to the most number of guests.

We had had a few meals at the resort before our meeting with our wedding planner Patricia ( she's awesome!!!) and decided that the DR really knows how to do chicken. Serioulsy tasty chicken down there...it must all be free range. When we had our meeting Patricia let us pick and choose what items we wanted off the Garden menu. I didn't know that was an option until we got to the resort.

The resort does an excellent job of hosting weddings. Relax, enjoy and let Patricia and Jasmin handle everything as they are wonderful.

Ky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyky View Post
Hi ladies,

I was just married at the Gran Bahia on November 30th. We had the private reception at the Piscis snack bar restaurant with the garden grill menu. The food was actually really good. We had the ceasar salad, louisiana corn chowder, barbeque chicken with veggies and the pineapple cobbler for dessert. We went with a menu that would be agreeable to the most number of guests.

We had had a few meals at the resort before our meeting with our wedding planner Patricia ( she's awesome!!!) and decided that the DR really knows how to do chicken. Serioulsy tasty chicken down there...it must all be free range. When we had our meeting Patricia let us pick and choose what items we wanted off the Garden menu. I didn't know that was an option until we got to the resort.

The resort does an excellent job of hosting weddings. Relax, enjoy and let Patricia and Jasmin handle everything as they are wonderful.

Ky

congrats on your wedding!!!!! i didnt know at the snack bar was an option? is that the one down by the water?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the same location as our wedding reception in April 2010. The only part that we are worried about is the fact that since this is a daytime restaurant that they will open for a private reception is what about the bar situation. First I hear that we needed to purchase a bar package but considering that we are also paying for the blissful love package (expensive) and the private reception for ($ 750.00) we don't want to add another expense of the booze considering that this is an all inclusive.

What did you guys do for the drinks.

i got married there in the Picsas resturant in may 2009

i can't remember my whole menu but i do remember all of it was good

cesear salad - which was big and yummy

mixed grill - pork, steak, chicken, sausage. only bad thing about this was depending on what part of the animal you got served would be different level of doneness for the meat. some had really good steak, but not great pork, others had vice versa. but still good overall, i never heard any complaints from my guests

check my review, i think i have pics of my dinner. lol

for drinks, everyone pretty much stuck with the wine that came with dinner then after dinner, some ppl were asking for different drinks (beer, gin and tonic) from the waiters and they got them. i didn't get charged anything extra. then after the reception was over at 10:30 we went to the disco where you could get whatever drinks you wanted

Hi Girls,

My fiance and I are getting married on April 22, 2010 at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana. We have 45 guests joining us and are having a private reception on the Piscis Terrace. Thank you for all posting information and questions. Its also great to hear review from "experienced" brides - thanks!

We were told that in order to have our reception extended until 12pm, we would have to purchase an open bar for any time after 10:30pm. I would also like a variety of drinks available starting at 8:30pm...so am thinking that i will need to order bar service from 8:30 to 12pm, but its not cheap.

I'm relieved to hear that there are alot of flower choices - its one of my top priorities to have beautiful flowers. Does anyone know if the judge speaks English, or will the ceremony be performed in Spanish and translatedhuh.gif

i've also heard that the ceremonies are very short (15 minutes or so) and that its a good idea to write your own vows if you want to extend that time. Any thoughthuh.gif

We've picked the Unforgettable wedding package as we wanted the "dinner for two" option for the following night. Less than four months to go!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaApril2010 View Post
Does anyone know if the judge speaks English, or will the ceremony be performed in Spanish and translatedhuh.gif
i've also heard that the ceremonies are very short (15 minutes or so) and that its a good idea to write your own vows if you want to extend that time.
I've heard that the ceremony will be in Spanish and will be translated. My FI intend on writing our own vows and doing a sand ceremony...maybe it will make the ceremony a little longer...although, it will be high sun so maybe not too long :)

Question for my fellow Bahia Brides....what do you intend on having your guests do between the ceremony and the reception? My intention is to just tell people they have a few hours to them selves. People can snooze, nap, head to the lobby bar! Is anyone doing a cocktail reception before?

Can't believe it's 5 months away!!

Hi Melissa,

I'm also getting married there and also having the reception in the Piscis Terrace - five days after you! I'm also planning to get the bar from 8:30 til midnight - no sense in ending the party early.

Are you doing the beach or gazebo ceremony? I had chosen the beach, but am growing concerned as I've seen some of the strange photos that people have there :)

Claire

I love hearing that people didn't get charged for the extras...I think they do it so that they can get a few suckers to pay. I remember the bargaining that we had to do while shopping the Dominican! Everything is negotiable! They tell you one price and if you stand there and chat long enough you can get it for a fraction of the first quoted price! Nice to hear all the positives comments about the resort lately. Seems like they have the wedding thing under control!

Girls i posted a holiday review and stalked two weddings last April.

I agree on the upgrade if your budget allows.I posted a review and my opinions of both weddings for what its worth.Im not very good so am not sure how i could firstly find it on here and repost for you all.

I wouldnt stress at all about the food.The only meal that could of been better was the mexican BUT working in a mexican resturant makes me picky.I hope someone can find my post or advise me how to find it.