Photo

Anyone NOT have a private event?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:15 AM

We didnt have a private event either. There were only 11 of us, so there wasnt much point. Our dinner was in one of the resorts restaurants out by the pool. We actually shared it with another wedding party, but they were far enough away we didnt notice them at all.

#12 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
    • 545 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

this is brilliant, thank you ladies! i was worried that if we had a dinner in a restaurant it would just be like any other evening, but i guess not! i love the idea of taking you ipod and docking station and just setting up your own party! very cute! thank you ladies! how exciting!

if you didn't have a private event, how did you decorate your tables in the restaurant? x
      a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#13 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
      • 545 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

this is brilliant, thank you ladies! i was worried that if we had a dinner in a restaurant it would just be like any other evening, but i guess not! i love the idea of taking you ipod and docking station and just setting up your own party! very cute! thank you ladies! how exciting!

if you didn't have a private event, how did you decorate your tables in the restaurant? x

#14 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
        • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

I didn't bother bringing any decorations and to be honest I don't think anyone noticed. The WC brought the flower arrangements from our ceremony to the restaurant and set them up on the cake table. I thought that was good enough but I'm probably the worst bride in history lol.
          *Formerly Nikki07*
          My Planning Thread

#15 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
          • 545 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

hahaha! is there a link to your wedding reveiw? u;d kive ti see what you did :)

#16 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
            • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

Agghhh I haven't finished my review! I'm actually still dealing with the hotel on a few things so I've been delaying my review until I know the outcome but I can post some pics on here for you if you like. Give me a sec to load them :)
              *Formerly Nikki07*
              My Planning Thread

#17 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
              • 545 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

oh please! and can you tell me a brief overview of what you did! thank you! :)

#18 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

Ok sorry, these pics are taking forever to load.

So here was our ceremony set up. Those big flower arrangements are what they took back to the restaurant and my bouquet matches so that was also put on the table or ledge thing.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was the room we had for our dinner. As you can see, I did nothing to this room lol. We just showed up. And to be honest I have no regrets there lol.

Oh and I just realized that I lied about the flower arrangements being on the cake table lol. They were actually on that ledge behind us.

Kinda hard to see, but those are the flowers behind the cake.

And this is the bar area that we just took over. There was no one there so we were like "ok this is where we'll party" lol. This pic was taken when we just got there so we hadn't gone to get the ipod yet and everyone still has all their clothes on here lol. Ya, the guys pretty much started taking off their shirts and were using the bridesmaid sashes as rambo style bandana's.......

So it all looks pretty tame, but that's not actually how it was lol.

*Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#19 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Oh and here's the link to my planning thread if you want to see literally how much I DID NOT DO for the wedding lol. It might make you feel better if you're feeling like a lousy bride like I used to haha.

http://bestdestinati....-thread-52628/
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#20 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
                    • 545 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

brilliant! I love it! so your restaurant area, was it quite private? from what i can see from my venue, i'd have tables reserved, but it would just be in a restaurant with lots of other people eating and dining around us, you know? your's looks much more seculded!

did you have to pay for your flowers which you had at your ceremony? they're gorgeous!

you look great, what a lovely wedding! how many of you were there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users