Photo

Brides Across America

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
  • 417 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

So I finally got my wedding dress after months of looking and not finding anything in my price range. It's a Mikaella that was just discontinued in October. The best part about it is that it was free! It's a $1300 dress and I didn't have to pay a dime on it (except for when I get it altered and cleaned). Over the summer I heard about an organization called "Brides Across America". Home Page
    Basically designers & stores support this organization and at different times (the one I went to was on Veteran's day), they hold an event at bridal stores in different states that support this. To qualify, you have to either be in the military, or be engaged to someone in the military who has been deployed to either Afghanistan or Iraq. My fiancee went to Iraq in 2006 and because of that, I was able to go to this event and get my dress. I just wanted to share this information with anyone who may qualify. I think it is so amazing that they support the military like this. I know that I would never have been able to get this dress if it wasn't for this organization. Oh by the way, I also got 3 bridesmaid dresses, a flower girl dress, and another dress all for free too.

#2 Janelley100

Janelley100
    • 297 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

What an amazing Cause and Event! Way to go and thanks for sharing.....we would love to see a picture of your dress if you get a chance! I'm sure it is amazingly beautiful!

Congratulations!

#3 courtney_b00

courtney_b00
      • 417 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

I can't wait to post pictures! I will as soon as I get it altered. The dresses are sample dresses and unfortunately the dress I fell in love with is a few sizes too big.

#4 classadiva

classadiva
        • 685 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

Congrats!! What a wonderful program!!! Not only your dress...but your bridesmaids and flower girl dress..AMAZING!!

#5 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
          • 657 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Man I wish I would of knew about this. This would of been great for my budget.
            Cory & Jennifer
            March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#6 Aimes

Aimes
            • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

Wow, I am so impressed by this organization. I would not qualify, but it is wonderful that such programs exist.

Congratulations!
              Amy

#7 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
              • 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Congratulations on this awesome find! I'm sure it will definitely help the budget!

I checked the site, and they take donations of wedding dresses (less than 3 years old) from brides: Donations

This would be a great way to help others if you didn't want to preserve your dress or do a TTD (or at least a crazy TTD session, I know some of you said it basically just cleaned the dress).

#8 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

What a wonderful program for deserving sevicemen and their brides to be! There should be more programs like this to say thank you for all that those in the military and their families sacrifice for their country...

SO EXCITED for you and can't WAIT to see your pics after you get your dress back from alterations!

#9 tesha73

tesha73
                  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

Congrats on finding your dress! I saw your were looking for the Mikaella 1406. Did you end up getting it?

#10 cbell

cbell
                    • 475 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hey Courtney, I'm a Courtney B too...or at least I was, now Courtney K. Congratulations on getting your dresses for free, such a great program!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users