• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Emmers

Emmers
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bridej9
    I think that is what I'm going to do.... Buy the maracas in Mexico and use them as a place setting. Although I do like the idea of guests shaking them as we walk out. Either way I think purchasing them in Mexico means I don't have to travel with them and it is more authentic!
    Good plan! Can you imagine checking a bag that was shaking like maracas?? That is probably a first for the airline :)

#12 trulystarr

trulystarr
    • 44 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

I will be hitting up the costco and walmart for some of my OTT bags things. I already bought Totes, different kinds of meds (tylenol,pepto, excedrin, dramamine,). I also bought everyone flipflops.

#13 desouc

desouc
      • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

Hi
        I just got back from Playa Del Carmen where I had my wedding and brought back 20 each of: small tequila bottles, vanilla, habanero sauce
        You can go to any gift shops in Playa and get lots of these kinds of things for a good price. We packaged everything nicely in a bag I customized with a printout I hot glued onto the bag, and some turquoise tissue paper. I think we spent $4 per bag and they turned out great!!
        Carla

#14 ask9999

ask9999
        • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

I worked with Alex at Yuour Cancun DMC (her address is alex.orozco@yourcancundmc.com) and she offered to get me all sorts of MExican goodys for my goody bag (i ended up not gettign them and using her only for lighting/candles/ transportation and a few other things). But I would recommend working with her.

#15 trinamh

trinamh
          • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

I was doing a bit of seaching and found the website Ajua Weddings - Wedding Favors, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Mexico - wedding favours. I think we will likely go with the Maracas idea and bring some pre-made "shake at the kiss" tags to go on them.

t

#16 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
            • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by desouc
              Hi
              I just got back from Playa Del Carmen where I had my wedding and brought back 20 each of: small tequila bottles, vanilla, habanero sauce
              You can go to any gift shops in Playa and get lots of these kinds of things for a good price. We packaged everything nicely in a bag I customized with a printout I hot glued onto the bag, and some turquoise tissue paper. I think we spent $4 per bag and they turned out great!!
              What a cute and fun picture you have? Question about your bags? What kind of bags did you use and what did you put in them? $4 per bag is very economical!! Also how do others feel about sunscreen and medications? I feel like people will bring those already-kinda waste of money.... Thoughts?
              Mrs.2Be

#17 lalanyc

lalanyc
              • 363 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by YrishCathe
                What a cute and fun picture you have? Question about your bags? What kind of bags did you use and what did you put in them? $4 per bag is very economical!! Also how do others feel about sunscreen and medications? I feel like people will bring those already-kinda waste of money.... Thoughts?
                Have you checked out the OOT bag threads?? They're awesome and can address your questions at length.

http://bestdestinati....e-items-28059/

#18 Mrs.S2B

Mrs.S2B
                • 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

That's a great "Shake for a kiss" idea!  Thanks for sharing!  I think we can have those in the room with a welcome letter and tags for the maracas!  Simple, thoughtful, and fun!

#19 lshaef

lshaef
                  • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

Did anyway have to pay a fee to have the resort hand out your bag to your guests when they checked in?  I was told that I will have to pay $2 or $3 per bag and it goes up in price if I want the bag to be in the room when the guests arrive.

Thanks

#20 BrendyPop

BrendyPop
                    • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Her maracas are really beautiful! She also does fan, that might be a cool thing to add.  I'm going to use the fans for my bridesmaids. Love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users