Photo

Bridesmaid Dresses...Do they Go with Color Scheme?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Click the image to open in full size.Hi,

I've been going nuts over the selction of bridesmaids dresses. My bridesmaids and I love the dress below. However, it does not come in any of the colors that I originally said that I wanted my wedding to be. It looks gorgeous on though and I fell in love with the Slate color you see below. My colors were supposed to be fuschia/hot pink/silver with possibly seafoam green.

If I choose this color...it looks a little brownish in person and not as much slate grey...can I still get away with hot pink/fushia as part of my colors? I wanted my bridesmaids dresses in a hot pink or silver color but LOVE this dress in the slate color pictured.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

You didnt post the dress..
      however I still think a slate or browny color would look good with hot pink/fuschia. Post the pic again!

#3 classadiva

classadiva
      • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by *Nadine*
        You didnt post the dress..
        however I still think a slate or browny color would look good with hot pink/fuschia. Post the pic again!
        Thanks...I just added the dress above!!

#4 riokayak

riokayak
        • 175 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

That dress is super cute! I think it will look great with a hot pink necklace or some other accent piece.

#5 TeNeil

TeNeil
          • 192 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

I agree! Love the dress in that color and think that fuschia will be a very HOT accent color to match. Pink goes great with a lot of colors.....silver and brown included.

#6 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
            • 1,114 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

I totally think that this could be the silver in your scheme. Go for it, it is a gorgeous dress! Maybe you can add a fucshia sash or as Riokayak said, jewelry? Keep us posted on your decision!
              Married to my BEST FRIEND!
              July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
              Non-Pro Pics:
              http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
              Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#7 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
              • 5,466 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

yep, after seeing the dress I definitely think the hot pink will work!

#8 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

I agree - i think it will look great and i love the dress!

#9 damaris

damaris
                  • 462 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

I would do the dress and accent with the shoes and?or hair flower in fuscia
                    65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#10 classadiva

classadiva
                    • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Thank you so much ladies...this was just the boost that I needed to just go ahead and get the dress!! I already told one of my bridesmaids that this is the one!! I totally agree about the hot pink/fushia as an accent color. I was thinking of having them have bouquets that had hot pink flowers in them and silver shoes. I also love the idea of a hot-pink flower in their hair....I love that idea a lot, but one of my bridesmaids hair is about an inch long and she was not too keen on THAT idea at all!! LOL If anyone has any other ideas...I would love to hear about them.

Thanks again..I was so concerned that hot pink/fushia wouldn't go..also...if I am being honest...since I was set on certain colors...it was hard for me to move away from my orginal plan...glad that I aksed you guys!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users