Photo

May 2010 Tulum bride relocating from SC to Vancouver!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ddk5576

ddk5576
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

So, it appears that we are going to be temporarily relocating to Vancouver for 6 months with my fiance's job...and hopefully my job (I am trying to get hired with his company). I would love to get to know some of our Vancouver brides from here and if I could reach out to you or vice versa when we get the exact dates of our move! I could really use any help, guidance, etc...with the area and new friends! I look forward to this new journey: our pending nuptials, moving across the country, new experiences, new people, etc.... Talk to you ladies soon!! :)

#2 michaelwachniak

michaelwachniak
    • 271 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

Hey there! I'm not a bride (obviously), but I do live in Vancouver (White Rock to be exact). I thought I'd give the thread a bump because there are quite a few brides from Vancouver here on the forum so you should have no problems getting settled! :) If you or your fiance have any questions please don't hesitate to ask ok?

#3 Princess402

Princess402
      • 737 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hello, another Vancouver bride here!!! I will welcome you in advance to the city!

I actually don't technically live in Vancouver either right now (I live in Burnaby), but I have, and I still commute in to Vancouver just about every day for work and school at UBC. I LOVE this city and hope you will too. And how exciting that you're going to be here for the Olympics?!?

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your move!

#4 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
        • 349 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

Welcome! You will love it here. You are getting married in Tulum, one of my favorite places in the world! Looks like we are both May brides too

#5 tammikins

tammikins
          • 71 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hey!
            Just wanted to say welcome as well. Vancouver is a beautiful city and I'm sure you will love it. One of the few cities in the world where you can go surfing and skiing in one day :). When are you moving up here?

#6 ddk5576

ddk5576
            • 209 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Michael- Thank you! Much appreciated!

Princess402- Thank you too! March/April 2010 - Which will be just after the Olympics.

Sita&Nate- Woohoo! May brides! You look oh so cozy with that Koala - where did you guys take that pic?! Vancouver?

tammikins- I have been in the south for so long, moving seems like a great new adventure that I am definitely up for!!(we are looking at March/April) But surfing?? Skiing, ok, I get that, but aren't the avg. highs only 56-F...oh yeah, I am going to have to catch up & refresh on the metric system....Yikes!! But, I think if I can get Spanish down for the wedding, then I can convert C-F just fine?!?!

It is so wonderful to have some friendly people to talk to! I love this forum! :) You all have a great week! TTYS!! :)

#7 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
              • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

Wow you have a lot of new things happening in your life. Best of luck on your exciting journey.

#8 Simistar

Simistar
                • 645 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

Hey there!!

Did you ever get the PM I sent you back...? :-)

I live in Vancouver (in the city, not a suburb...if you need help with outlying areas, I won't be much of a help:-)) and grew up here, so honestly, if you need help with anything, please just ask!
                  If you need to know good areas, restaurants, etc...ask away!

Maybe we should all do a BDW get-together...when do you arrive here...?
                  We could do a welcome wagon party, lol:)

#9 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                  • 349 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:27 AM

Haha, no, there are no koalas that I am aware of in Vancouver. This was in Australia, where FI proposed (not with the koalas though ).

Please don't hesitate to ask any and all questions bout Vancouver. Simistar is right, we should do a BDW get together!!

#10 Simistar

Simistar
                    • 645 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sita&Nate
                      Simistar is right, we should do a BDW get together!!

Yeeaaaah! Maybe in March...? I think she'll be here by then...?
                      And lots of time to plan, lol:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users