Photo

Is 15 Months Too Early For STD's?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
  • 521 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

Just wondering because I tried to organize a "Family & Friends Jamaica Trip" a couple of years ago. I gave over a years notice, contacted the resort and arranged for an awesome group rate. Contacted the airline and arranged for a group rate...set up a payment plan with people for something like $75 a month...set up a google cart on our online website so people could even make deposits with credit/debit cards...sent out monthly customized "magazine" type mailers. Soooo many people were on the bandwagon to go and wouldn't you know they all bailed?! So, now with my wedding planned for April 2011, I want to send out STD's in January which will give everyone 15 months notice to save like $60 a month. FI and I are paying for everyone's first night at Tensing Pen as well as something on the Catamaran, so I want to know if sending STD's in January is too early?

#2 debbmach

debbmach
    • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

I think that they more notice you give, the better it is for your guests. I'm giving 12 months notice, but I certainly would've given more if it was possible.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#3 jawedding

jawedding
      • 197 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:11 AM

I agree with debbmach. The more the better. There will be some people that get on board and then bail, but I think that knowing that it's your wedding will be a bit different than just a fun trip with everyone.. a GOOD excuse to go on vacation (although this is definitely not how you should sell it). Send 'em out! Congrats!!
        33 People Booked!!

#4 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

i don't think it's too early, BUT don't be surprised if people still bail. everyone is on board at first and they get wrapped up in the excitement, but when the time comes, some people will just not go for various reasons.

#5 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
          • Banned
          • 313 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

For a destination wedding you can never give too much notice! It allows your guests to plan better! Good luck!
            Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#6 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
            • 521 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:10 AM

Thanks BDW sisters! I think I will start making the STD's to send out in January.

#7 Geralyn

Geralyn
              • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

I think the more time you give your guests the better

#8 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
                • 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

I agree the more time the better! gave my guests about 15 months notice as well:)

#9 Tifany

Tifany
                  • 248 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

I agree with the ladies. It's never too early. We're looking at save the dates now and ours is the month before yours! :)

#10 Sheree10

Sheree10
                    • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

If you've booked the date then send out the STD's and set up a website for updates. People need advance notice to save and get time off.
                      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users