Wedding Journal?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:19 AM

Wow, that is a great idea! I will have to pick up two journals for my FI and I at Barnes and Noble (I love the journals there). I think it will be great to read them years later.
    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#12 Karen Aucoin

Karen Aucoin
    • 73 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:49 AM

I got a nice dark purple leather one from Chapters and now that our wedding is over I'm going back and recapping from the day he proposed and including some pictures and little ticket stubs etc. in the journal. I started it on Nov.25th which was just after we got back from our wedding and exactly one year from when he proposed. I thought it might be hard to remember stuff but so far so good.

I also bought a faux leather box to keep all my cards, cake toppers, photos CD's etc. and things from our engagement party, bridal shower, stagette, wedding etc. all together as a keepsake.

#13 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

Karen - I've done the same thing. I have a box for all the wedding stuff. All my RSVP's are in there, receipts, etc. It'll be a great thing to keep and look back on in later years. My parents kept a book and it's really cool to see how much they paid for a hotel on their wedding night, which was $32, 34 years ago - so neat!!!

I'm a little scared of making time for writting while we're away, but I think I'll manage. FI will be pretty good at keeping up too, he likes that kind of thing!

#14 Kelitaw

• 512 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

This is something I am hoping to do as well. My youngest brother and his wife did this when they got married and really enjoyed reading it afterwards.

#15 barcelo1162010

• 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

That is a really good idea; so you remember everything and how you felt. Thanks for sharing the idea.

#16 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

I picked up a cute little brown/teal journal from Chapters. It's not too girly that the FI won't write in it! lol It was $10, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

#17 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

I love this idea! I never even thought of doing something like this but it totally makes sense. I was just planning on keeping a copy of my STD and invitation but this will be so much better than that! Thanks for the idea and let me know how yours turns out!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#18 gettinghitched2010

• 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

I wasn't thinking about it but it sounds like a great idea..

#19 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:02 AM

Totally forgot to come back to the thread and add this - lol sorry.

The journal was a hit with us. We both wrote it in every day and now we have a wonderful memory of our wedding and our vacation. We've even re-read it since and it such a great memory. The only thing I have left to do is write about our AHR which I should do because it was a month ago! oopps! lol

Anyway, I totally recommend doing this, it's so much fun and especially a good idea if you have a bad memory like me.

#20 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for coming back Lisa :) I love this idea and you reposting me reminded me that I loved it when you posted a couple of months ago! Crazy how time flies! I've got some Chapters gift cards...I think I'll go to one today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users