Newbie Mexico Wedding :-)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

You should be able to read a TON of information on here to help you make your decision! :)
    http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
    May 29, 2010
    Cancun, Mexico

#12 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
    • 172 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

Oh and since I'm new to this forum and to any forum for that matter, I found this forum very useful. It explains abbreviations used on this site:
      http://bestdestinati....acronyms-2690/

#13 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Welcome and congrats, Crystle!

Best wishes,
        Tod

#14 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
        • 394 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

I had the same dilemma too. It helped us to write down the things about the entire wedding experience that were important to us and prioritize that list. (Affordability for our guests was number one.) It also helped to use a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings. We are using Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com, our agent's name is Christina Boren. She was instrumental in helping us to narrow down a location. We chose Cancun because it is centrally located in Mexico, with respect to the US. We will have guests flying in from the west coast to the east coast and everywhere in between. The Cancun resorts are the most affordable; and I looked up flight prices from about eight of the most common cities that our guests are coming from, using various potential destination wedding spots in Mexico.
          Consider consulting a travel agent, they've already done the homework, you just have to present them with the questions. I hope that this helps!

#15 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#16 Crystle_chavarria

Crystle_chavarria
            • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

I am just very overwhelmed with it all. We chose end of July because we are both going back to school for our masters at the end of August. I don’t think I would be able to do a wedding, work and school. I would go crazy lol. But thanks for the advice. I am going to have to look at the weather in the different locations. :-)

#17 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

another Denver bride!

PV is amazing but I am biased! there are lots of great locations and this forum will help you find the perfect place!

#18 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

i've been to cancun a couple of times now and just love it. the beach and water are amazing and you can't beat the prices! welcome and good luck!!

#19 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,490 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Crystle_chavarria
                    I am just very overwhelmed with it all. We chose end of July because we are both going back to school for our masters at the end of August. I don’t think I would be able to do a wedding, work and school. I would go crazy lol. But thanks for the advice. I am going to have to look at the weather in the different locations. :-)
                    oh just realized you are looking at the end of july....the rainy season in PV goes from june/july until september-ish. from what I hear it is not too bad then but it def. rains a lot.

#20 soon2BMrs.Prince

soon2BMrs.Prince
                    • 212 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

Welcome to the forum! Happy Planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users