Jump to content


Flights to Cabo in March from Edmonton

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cabobride11

  • Newbie
  • 6 posts

    Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

    I was just wondering if anyone else from Western Canada was having flight issues to Cabo from Edmonton & Calgaryfor March 2010. Our wedding date is supposed to be March 11 at the Riu Palace but our fly out date of the 8th as been changed to either the 4th or 11th which does not work for the wedding date. We have been waiting a week to hear back from our travel agent but the only response we have got is that the Edmonton flight may change again and Calgarys date of the 8th may change as well.

    #2 Ana


      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

    Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

    Before my wedding I was told that if I was booking with a charter and not through WestJet Vacations or Air Canada Vacations that there was always the risk that they could change the flights. It didn't happen to us, but I know other people that did have their flights changed and in some cases cancelled by Sunquest. You should talk to your TA.

    #3 *Lo*

    • Sr. Member
    • 2,993 posts

      Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

      With charters they can change the flight dates for sure as it gets closer. Contacting your TA would be a good idea to find out what your other options would be.

      #4 cabobride11

      • Newbie
      • 6 posts

        Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:44 AM

        We have contacting our TA and are waiting on a response from Sunquest. We are hoping we will be able to fly with West Jet instead. It is just very hard to wait for a response and not be able to do anything about it.

        #5 pinayflava

        • Jr. Member
        • 193 posts

          Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

          Oh no! i hope everything works out in the end.... I was thinking of doing the charter flights also - could you please give us an update? thanks!

          #6 cabobride11

          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

            We are flying out of Calgary instead because that was the only way Sunquest would give us the lower prices that we had already been promised. And.. the guests that were already flying out of Calgary are having to fight to get their tickets at the lower price. I defiantly should have booked with a charter.

            #7 gettingmarried

            • Jr. Member
            • 174 posts

              Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

              Cabobride...were you able to keep your wedding date? We are leaving from Calgary in July and it looks like sunquest is changing there dates as well

              #8 cabobride11

              • Newbie
              • 6 posts

                Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:42 AM

                We were able to keep our wedding date by flying out of Calgary because Calgarys flights had not been changed. Sunquest offered West Jet flights but only 3 people took them because it was $300/person cheaper to fly out of Calgary.

                #9 ichimiyuki

                • Newbie
                • 30 posts

                  Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

                  Oh no! I am worried about our plans for next year, we're traveling from Edmonton as well. We are booked at the Palace for a Friday, February 18, 2011 wedding. Right now the charter with Sunquest is tentatively scheduled for Monday Feb 14, 2011.

                  Does anyone know if they base the flight schedule on previous years? Which travel agency are you dealing with cabobride11?

                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users