Wedding Notebook

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Meitra

• 249 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:13 AM

Okay ladies, I'm newly engaged and the one thing that I keep hearing over and over again is that I will need a notebook for all of my planning. What would you recommend that my notebook include, or in other words, how should I go about creating one? Any and all advice as to what worked for you and what you wish you had included would be much appreciated. :)
    Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

I started my wedding planning with a 3 ring binder, this first binder was mainly just ideas, dresses, color themes, reviews of resorts.

I then had a second 3 ring binder that developed of my "acutal" wedding stuff, room block contracts, menus, guest lists, photog emails, contract, same for my other vendors.

I kinda stopped using the first one, and just started bookmarking things on line but it did help me feel more organized in the beginning.

#3 jenninjamaica

• 547 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

I do a lot of bookmarking online too! But I have a binder that I put all the important stuff in, like forms from the resorts, receipts, contracts. The resort also sent me a bunch of pictures which I printed too!

#4 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Same here. I used a binder to make notes, print copies of emails, and keep contracts and such.

#5 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

I had a binder with our travel information, insurance, correspondence with my WC and pictures of flowers and other details that I brought with us when we met with our WC at the resort.
            I just kept a little notebook in my purse for day to day things I wanted to keep track of and bookmarked websites that I thought were helpful.

#6 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

I've been using a book called "Destination Wedding Planner: The Ultimate Guide to Planning a Wedding From Afar" to keep me organized and it's been working great. Some of the sections don't really apply if you're having an AI wedding but it's great to have one central spot for magazine clippings, pictures, cards, and reciepts. Here is a link to it on Amazon website:

Amazon.com: Destination Wedding Planner: The Ultimate Guide to Planning a Wedding from Afar (9780811866736): Alison Hotchkiss: Books

#7 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

I used a 3 ring binder and I am putting in all my inspiration (magazine pages and other stuff) that I find and I am also including all the contracts, receipts, travel info,and any samples I get. I also have my budget and checklist in there as well. It's nice to have everything in one binder.
                Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#8 jamk32179

• 341 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

When I first got engaged I created a notebook with pics of dresses, hairstyles, colors, centerpieces, etc. Anything and everything that I might want as inspiration. Now that I have decided on a destination wedding I don't really look at it all that much. I have started a binder like the other ladies have suggested to keep me organized. Happy planning!
                  September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#9 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

I'm using a 'My Wedding Organizer' that I picked up at a local large chain bookstore. It's a 3 ring binder and has everything you need. I also bookmark a lot of stuff online.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#10 JuneWeddingDreams

• Banned
                    • 313 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have been using a lot of spreadsheets on the computer and use a notebook to take notes as I am scanning forums and things like that. A lot of my notes and info is kept electronically right now.
                      Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users