2000 dollar wedding

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

2000 Dollar Budget Wedding: From Conception to Reception

I'm browsing for ideas for our ahr and came across this blog. I found it full of some neat ideas and a different approach for a budget bride. I wish I had found it prior to my wedding :-)

I like how her focus is on involving her family and friends in a meaningful way. Gives me something to think about with how I organize my reception.

#2 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

Love it! Thanks for the link :)

#3 RonNMel

• 388 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:24 AM

Thank you so much for this link!

I was already sort of that mindset, doing a wedding on a tight budget and not letting superficial things overshadow it (for both my first wedding and this one). This blog gives me so many good ideas on how to push that even further.

I especially like their vows (I love you because...; and because I love you...), and how they got so many people involved in the planning and doing. :-)

#4 Rainfall

• 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

great website thanks for sharing

#5 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

What an amazing blog! Love all her thoughts

#6 baj

• 1,555 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

cool, thanks for sharing

#7 ktchi

• 220 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

I absolutely LOVE this. The reasoning behind our destination wedding was to make it an event where everyone can be together and share a great experience. I needed this as I start to freak out about the silliest things. Thank you so much for sharing.

#8 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Thankyou for your post.I feel we started along this path and i do deviate and reign myself back in.My whole wedding venue was about finding somewhere that could offer me a wedding without all the plastic flowers and white cheap looking arches that they roll out for civil ceremonies.I wanted a romantic rustic setting and Peligoni offers us just that they have only done one wedding so far, two before we arrive in September and i know they will be as happy to host it as we are getting married there.We only have our very dearest friends and family attending and with the help of you guys we/I know we can hold a very special intimate event that wont cost us an absolute fortune

#9 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

Thank you for sharing. I read this article and it really makes you stop and think and restratagize your perspective. I've always wanted a more intimate wedding, not for the cost, but more for the intimacy factor. I feel I would be more comfortable sharing my special moment infront of a handful of people, my close family and friends, instead of a lot. For the recpetion I wouldn't mind having a ton of people come, but for the ceremony itself I feel my close friends and family would make it that much more special to me.

#10 McToasty

• 170 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

This is awesome. I feel like it really grounds you and keeps you focused on what's important. As they say, "don't sweat the small stuff." :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users