Photo

Maggie's Dreams Tulum Review 11/17/09

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

Yeah! So happy everything was perfect for you! I love the way that the Sea Side Grill looked!
    I can not wait to see your pro pictures!
    You looked beautiful

#12 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
    • 344 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

Maggie....great review! I don't think there is such thing as too long for those of us waiting for our turn!! Question - was the Seaside Grill closed for the night or were there other diners there with you?

Amy

PS - Great pics!

#13 lolosmama

lolosmama
      • 232 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Krista - I brought the sashes with me. I haven't gone through them yet to make sure I have them all, but there should be 40 which I will be selling here.

Amy - Yes, the Seaside Grill was closed to other diners. I thought it was the perfect space, right on the beach, but not in the sand, and the pool bar was right there. Hopefully I will get some better pictures of the setup from the photographer.

#14 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

Great review! I am glad everything turned out so well!
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#15 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

congrats on everything...it looked great!! We want to have our HM at SMB too. Do you have any pics? what room cat did you stay in? Did you upgrade to "preferred club"? sorry about all the questions

#16 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Great review, I'm so happy to hear that everything went well! You were a gorgeous bride!
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#17 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Great review, make sure to post your pro pictures when you get them!

Just out of curiosity, the meal you ordered was part of the regular restaurant menu right, because you said you paid the 20$ per person fee (not 55$ for Silver menu or 65$ for gold menu). I am curious because I am always encouraging other brides, who are looking for ways to save money, to go for the regular restaurant menu.

#18 BrideBarbie

BrideBarbie
                • 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for sharing your review. Congratulations!

#19 lolosmama

lolosmama
                  • 232 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carolina24
                    congrats on everything...it looked great!! We want to have our HM at SMB too. Do you have any pics? what room cat did you stay in? Did you upgrade to "preferred club"? sorry about all the questions
                    We just stayed in the Jr Suite partial ocean view, and were very happy with it. I think in hindsight, I would have liked the swimout room. This is because while my husband likes to sleep in, I am an early riser. I didn't always want to venture out to the pool or beach without him, so I'd stay in the room or read on the balcony. If we had the swim out, there are lounge chairs out there, so I could have been fully sunning myself from 8am on! We did not upgrade to the preferred club, and actually didn't know anything about it until I read some mentions of it on Facebook! I will try and post some pictures tomorrow. The resort was just beautiful, very modern and new.

SunBride - yes, we ordered from the "restaurant" menu. It actually wasn't off of the restaurant's menu, but I will try and upload the document she sent me with the meal options to the DT thread. But it was the $20 option (plus tax & service charge).

#20 TaraLeanne

TaraLeanne
                    • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

Great review!!

We are thinking about having our reception at one of the free areas - probably one of the pools. Which area would you suggest?

Thanks a bunch!
                      Tara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users