Photo

St. Thomas Welcome Dinner Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tonir

Tonir
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

I'm trying to plan a welcome dinner for the night before our wedding. Most of the guests are arriving on Sunday, and we get married on Tuesday, so rather than have a "rehearsal dinner" we want to have a welcome dinner. I think my fiance and I will be paying for it ourselves so I would like to keep it casual and inexpensive. There will probably be about 35 people.

We are having the reception at our villa (Sea Star) so I think I would rather have the welcome dinner somewhere else that way the guests still think the reception is special/different. I was thinking of having it at one of the bars on the east side of the island, near where we are staying, like Funghi's or Duffys. Any recommendations or suggestions?

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

I never went to Funghi's, but if you are looking for a super laid back party atmosphere, Duffy's is an awesome choice. I had a ot of fun there. I was pregnant during my wedding in St. Thomas so I wasn't able to fully enjoy Duffy's selection of beverages but it is a pretty awesome place and the vibe is great.

Iggies Bar and Grill at the Bolongo Bay Resort is also really fun. That's where I had my reception. Wednesday (during a specific time of the year) they have Carnival nights which is super fun. There is also various entertainment on different nights of the week. Prices are reasonable and everyone loved the food.

#3 StThomas2011

StThomas2011
      • 41 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

I've been looking at Bolongo Bay and it seems awesome, but SO expensive in my opinion!

#4 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
        • 387 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

We really enjoyed Mafolie's (I think this is how its' spelled). It's up in the cliffs, and over looks the harbor so it's gorgeous at night. Food was fantastic also.
          Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#5 SJHitch

SJHitch
          • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

We are having our welcome dinner at Mafolie's- it is a little pricey but the view is awesome and it's a change of scene from the resorts. I'll let you know how it turns out! 1 Month away!

#6 VJMR101010

VJMR101010
            • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
              I never went to Funghi's, but if you are looking for a super laid back party atmosphere, Duffy's is an awesome choice. I had a ot of fun there. I was pregnant during my wedding in St. Thomas so I wasn't able to fully enjoy Duffy's selection of beverages but it is a pretty awesome place and the vibe is great.

Iggies Bar and Grill at the Bolongo Bay Resort is also really fun. That's where I had my reception. Wednesday (during a specific time of the year) they have Carnival nights which is super fun. There is also various entertainment on different nights of the week. Prices are reasonable and everyone loved the food.

Hey Jess!!! I was thinking about doing my reception at Iggies Bar and Grill also. How was the pricing? I have a limited budget but this place looks pretty laid back. I left msgs from the number on the website and havnt heard back. How did you get ahold of them to set things up?? Thanks for you help!

Vanessa

#7 jasikamarshel

jasikamarshel
              • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:49 AM

St.Thomas dinner recommendation Duffy is an awesome choice. all had a lot of fun there,yes at his place what type theme you want that you do and in your budget,really a very nice place you enjoy very much.
                Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

#8 TaraBinki

TaraBinki
                • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

Anyone have any pictures from Iggie's? We were down there for a site visit to see Havana Blue and the Marriott in August but never made it to Iggie's I was thinking of having our rehearsal at Iggie's....does any have any feedback at all about their experience with them?

Thanks!!

#9 Willow188

Willow188
                  • 32 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

Vanessa - I'm having my welcome party at Iggy''s, and Lorie the catering coordinator is sooooooooo hard to get a hold of. Honestly, just keep calling and e-mailing her.

I had always heard that island vendors run on their own schedule, but it's so unbelievably frustrating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users