Photo

Oops, did I find THE dress??

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hi Ladies! I kind of have a problem. I went dress shopping today for the first time. I tried on maybe 6 or 8 dresses and I ended up buying the gorgeous dress below. BUT now, 5 hours after, I am wondering if it is really THE dress. See, I tend to get talked into things really easy and I get frazzled quickly and I am scared I just tried the dress on and since it is a beautiful dress and everyone else loved it on me I got it. I can't return the dress and I don't know what to do. I also loved another dress that I almost bought instead but all they had was ivory and I wanted a white dress and the women at the store said the white dress looks completely different (the ivory has gold beading and stands out wonderfully but the white dress has white beading that doesn't really stand out) and they didn't have it there to see or try on so I went with the other dress. Should I keep my dress or find another one or maybe go try it on again? I would feel horrible if I wanted another dress after my mother bought me this dress. What do you guys think?

Heather

PS. PLEASE ignore my braces and bad hair!

Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#2 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
    • 204 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

I think it looks beautiful on you. The beading is definitely what makes this dress special. But in the end, you have to go with what you feel in your heart. Give it a couple of days. I was not one of those brides that fell in love with a dress right away either.

#3 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

It looks great on you! and believe me I know exactly how you are feeling! I ran into the SAME EXACT issue. I ended up going back a month later tried on 12-15 dresses and ended up right back in my original dress. I think its a few things.. you cant believe you found the dress in one visit and you dont want the experience to be over! I know exactly how you feel and I think your dress looks stunning on you! beautiful choice!

#4 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
        • 450 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

I think it looks so stunning on you! I think maybe brides look for that feeling of knowing it's 'the one'. I never had that feeling either but I know I love my dress. I agree with Maybride that you should give it a few days and try it on again and see how you feel.

#5 TeNeil

TeNeil
          • 192 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

I think it is gorgeous and looks great on your figure! The beading is beautiful and I love the shape.
            IMO most brides have buyers remorse for one reason or another. You could go back and try on other dresses, but you might find yourself even more confused......there are millions of dresses out there and it can become addictive.
            I say that you focus on this dress and start looking for accessories.....shoes, jewelry, etc......that way it won't feel like the experience is over.
            Good luck!

#6 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
            • 762 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:14 AM

I wouldn't change a thing about it! It is so pretty on you-- I did second guess myself after seeing all the other pretty dresses on here, but I put on my dress again and fell back in love with it. Give yourself a week away from it and get a great headpiece and put them on together and then see how you feel!

#7 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
              • 344 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

The dress looks beautiful on you. It obviously photographs well and you look great in it.

#8 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

I think it looks great on you. I agree though leave the dress for a little while and then come back to it and see how you feel then. I don't think you can go wrong with this dress though it is beautiful, but you need to feel that it's the one for you.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#9 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                  • 734 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

It looks beautiful on you!
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#10 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
                    • 531 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Its beautiful! Its a once in a life time purchase, so I agree with the other girls, go back and try it on again just to be sure.
                      Mrs. Young

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users