Photo

Civil/ Religious vs. Symbolic Ceremony (ROR)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amqueens

amqueens
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

I am considering getting married before and keeping it a secret! Does anyone know the difference between the types of ceremonies? Is it simply that one is not legally recognized? Will my guests notice the difference? Is there talk of already being married in a symbolic ceremony? Thanks for any help you guys can provide!!
    - Anne-Marie

#2 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
    • 260 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:35 PM

We're going to do the same...

From what I've heard...the symbolic is the same...
      I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#3 achoy

achoy
      • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

I want to know as well....I've been in touch with a wedding sales coordinater at RIU Tropical and have been trying to find out if I get married first then fly to Jamaica, can I do the renewal of vows ceremony (since I would already be legally married) but I don't want the minister to talk about renewal of vows since I want the ceremony to be as if we were getting married...I haven't been given an answer to that. I don't think she understands what I'm talking about!

#4 amqueens

amqueens
        • 452 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

Great! I am glad to hear that there is no mention of us already being married in the symbolic ceremony!! Thanks Maureen!! I appreciate your help, as usual! =)
          - Anne-Marie

#5 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Also the minister is pretty flexible...you could even write up your own ceremony and have him read it...or just let the WC know before hand that you don't want him to talk about already being married

#6 amqueens

amqueens
            • 452 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

Great thanks!!
              - Anne-Marie

#7 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
              • 175 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the great information as usual!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users