Heather's Dreams Los Cabos Review *with pics*
Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:26 PM
Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:01 AM
Thank you for the review is very helpful since I will be getting married at dreams in April:-) Your pics look beautiful! Could you please tell me where or how to find Neesa? I am a hairdresser so I will prob b doing my own hair and makeup but I need someone 4 my 6 BM's since I already warned them I am not touching anyones hair that day, lol
Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:48 PM
Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:05 PM
Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:50 AM
| Originally Posted by *Heather* |
My wedding was on the Oceana Terrace (this is the more private one). It was perfect! If you choose Dreams, you won't be disappointed
I'll be getting married in Cabo on Oct 14, 2011 and I'm considering Dreams. Couple of questions (if I'm being a little intrusive I apologize and pls feel free not to answer those Q's : )
1) how many ppl did you invite, and how many ppl actually came?
2) how long was your open bar and how much did they charge per person?
3) were you able to negotiate a fixed priced AI deal for your guests so that you could commincate it to them on the save the dates? I'm hoping to get an AI deal for our guests that would be ~$850pp...think this is reasonable? We'll be inviting about 200 ppl and I'm figuring about 60-70 will show?
4) it's still hurricane season in Cabo during Oct but I've read somewhere else this is also a high travel season? are prices decent during Oct, or is it really peak season already? (have to admit i'm a little worried about the weather, but I really want the wedding on Oct 14 as it will be 4 yrs to the day we met : )
5) last one...promise ; ) ... if you could re-do the wedding or select different options/vendors at Dreams, would you do anything different?
Really appreciate the review you posted and the teaser pics - you looked phenomenal!!
Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:02 AM
1) The average is about 50% acceptance for DW's (varies by group of course, time of year, price)
2) They don't charge open bar per person, since it's an AI. You pay a set-up fee for your ceremony and a set-up fee for your reception, and that includes all food and booze unless you choose to upgrade the food options. There is extensive info on this in the Dreams threads.
3) My deal will be different from yours since we did a vacation package from Toronto. I have no idea what Chicago vacation prices would be like! We did negotiate a group package rate from Toronto though using a TA and then put the info on our save the date.
4) Yes, Oct is the tail end of hurricane season in Cabo, but Cabo rarely gets any direct effects from hurricanes other than rain and wind. I think it rains an average of 10 days per year or less in Cabo. Having said that, we did have hurricane effects (rain and wind) for our first few days in Cabo, which was a bit of a downer. It cleared up for the wedding day though. And we were in Cabo in Oct 3 years ago and it was PERFECT weather! So just depends on your risk tolerance.
5) I would not change any options or vendors. The things that I would change are just little glitches that had nothing to do with Dreams or the vendors I chose!
Hope that helps!
Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:13 AM
Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users