Beaches or Riu

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 achoy

achoy
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the forums for a little while now and I was wondering if I could get some input from you all. My fiance and I would love to go to Negril, Jamaica to get married (late Nov-early Dec 2010). I see that many people here have gotten married or will be getting married in either Beaches or Riu...could you send me the WC's contact info. Ideally, I would like a beach ceremony and beach or poolside reception...do these resorts offer these options? It would be great if the soon to be brides or brides of these resorts could share their experiences (likes/dislikes, etc). Thank you!

#2 *Linds*

*Linds*
    • 5,776 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Riu! Granted I am not getting married in Jamaica, but I have stayed at a Riu in Cabo and will be getting married at a Riu in the Riveria Maya. The resorts are so nice and tastefully done! The service (atleast in Mexico) was second to none. I love the Riu resorts in Jamaica! I did a lot of research on resorts in Jamaica because I had initally planned to get married there, the Riu's were my favorite!

At the end of the day, you have the pick the place that works best for you! Good luck & Happy Planning!
      Loving married life! <3

#3 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
      • 361 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

We are getting married at Beaches Negril, and they have 3 locations to get hitched, one on the beach, one in a gazebo overlooking the beach and one in a garden. You can pick any place for free (there is no competition for place, the competition is for the time of day)

I have no idea about Rui, but given that Negril has the 7mi sretch of sand, I imagine that any resort there would have that option.

Happy Planning!!

#4 Geralyn

Geralyn
        • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

I got married at RIU Montego Bay But I have also vacationed at RIU Tropical Bay which is in Negril. They do offer a beach location for the ceremony and the reception. Check out my review of RMB...it has lots more info
          http://bestdestinati....ew-pics-46808/

#5 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
          • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

We chose Riu becuase a couple of our guests are bringing kids...whitch sandals does not allow. Beaches is also child friendly, but since they cater to kids we decided it wasnt really what we wanted for our wedding...

#6 achoy

achoy
            • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

Thanks for all your input.

Geralyn: Is there a beach reception option for RIU Tropical Bay? I see that you had a beach reception in RIU Montego Bay but I didn't see that option for Tropical. I've been in touch with a wedding sales coordinator from that resort and we've been corresponding via email. I've asked her several times if a beach reception is available but she never answered my question!!! They say that the reception is semi-private at one of their restaurants and if I wanted a private reception, I would have to pay extra and I would have to speak to the hotel manager about it upon arrival!

Has anyone experienced this?!

#7 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
              • 361 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

I don't know if you are still looking at Beaches (I am subscribed to this thread for now, so am answering)... but their spots are private. And I dont think the WC will contact you until you book BUT- if you call the 1800 number, there is a wedding extension where you can talk to a WC in the department and they are all very friendly and helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users