ROR Brides getting married after Jan 23, 2010

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

(but close to it)

I am bringing SO much stuff. And in all likelihood, I will not bring it all home again with me.. so if there is anyone who will be around on the 24th (we're leaving on the 25th) and is getting married anytime after me, I would be happy to share my stuff with you. (if you could use it/the colours were right etc).

- tall glasses/vases for centerpieces (orchids in water with floating candle on top)
    - chair sashes (ocean blue/turquoise organza)
    -starfish (40 large real ones, white (i am planning to put a piece of felt & safety pin on the back of them)
    - paper lanterns (and electrical cords to light them all up) (navy blue, aqua, and deep/bright pink)
    - little "cracked glass" multicoloured round candle holders
    - twinkle lights (for the pillars at the poolside reception)
    - parasols in white, blue and pink

there are other things too... if you're interested pm me and I'll give you a complete list!
    33 People Booked!!

#2 Melissa&Todd

• 32 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:56 PM

thats a really neat and nice idea to offer that :) .. too bad my wedding is months away :P
      Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#3 isaidyes

• 269 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Too bad! I'm one week ahead of you. We're leaving the 17th and getting married on the 22nd!

I still haven't figured out centerpieces and all that stuff

#4 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

lol.. im kind of relieved to hear that isaidyes! I JUST sent my stuff to chandlyn, I JUST ordered all of the stuff i listed in this thread, and I JUST started to think about centrepieces.. oh.. and i don't yet have a confirmed photographer.. it came up too quickly! Congrats and have a great day! We're going down on the 18th, so maybe I'll see you!
          33 People Booked!!

#5 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

Very good idea and congratulations on your wedding!!

#6 kris

• 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

I get there on the 30th if there is any way to save the centerpieces and white lights I'll take those for sure :) Let me know

#7 kerrij

• 300 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

So great of you to offer!
              I'm not until March at GBP, but just loved that you put this out there!

#8 Pastryqueen_Tanya

• 417 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

I arrive on the 28...I would help you with your stuff is Chandlyn is will to hang on to it for me! I would be so thankful!

#9 msmoodyr

• 329 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

How are you carrying all of this there? in a suitcase?

#10 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

msmoodyr - yes! we are spreading it out among ourselves, our parents, and a few guests.. We will probably have in total 2 big suitcases filled with stuff (some for our OOT bags for guests).. but I just feel like it's such a waste to take it down there, and then haul it all back and never use it again (esp. things like the chair sashes, big starfish, and candle/holder centerpieces)

it would be crazy and so not worth it. I know I would have loved to have just used the stuff from a wedding earlier in the week, but now that I've buckled and bought the stuff, I definitely want to pass it on! I know chandlyn won't keep things for long periods.. but a few days probably won't be a big deal. I'm really glad that people are interested! It would be nice if there was someone getting married on the 24th or 25th who could use it and then just pass it to the next person so chandlyn didn't have to keep it, but I'll do my best to convince her to store it for a few days!
                    33 People Booked!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users