Sign in to follow this  
msmoodyr

For those that brought decor down with them

We carried everything down in suitcases. Because of our booking date we had 2 checked bags free so my parents brought an extra bag for us. On the way back they left before we did and took several of the suitcases so we didn't have as much to take on our return flight.

Keep in mind how expensive it is if you go over your weight allowance, you don't want to be over the weight limit and trying to repack your bags while checking in lol.

I am going to try my best to just put everything in suitcases and may give some stuff to my older sister to carry should I go over weight or just feel overwhelmed. I don't have much just some decor items and a little bit of OOT items w/ bags (for now but may add more OOT stuff).

I am traveling Air canada and they allow two checked bags and one carry on. Checked bags can not exceed 50lbs each so that gives us a 100 lbs each.... Their are five people leaving from my house. So I think I am fine with the weight. I am bring receipts for the stuff. I am hoping my MIL and kids can bring back my extra bags. We have large and medium bags so they fit into each other. Good luck gals... I am leaving Jan 27th I will update as soon as I return.

Thanks to the advice of other brides on this site I have started saving receipts. Some have said you can even make your own receipts if you have lost any - they don't check that closely!

wait I'm a little confused. If you pack everything in a suitcase, will you still have trouble w/ customs?

I guess you should be prepared w/ receipts either way, but just curious if that's what you all were getting at..

I didn't bring alot of stuff but I just packed it into 3 different carry on suitcases and got a couple family members to bring one each. It was really easy (though I was worried about it like crazy before haha)

Also, be careful with bringing sand into or out of your destination. I know I've heard other brides say that Mexico is a little crazy with sand entering or leaving the country. Again, if you have a receipt you'll be ok. Or I bet if you wrapped your sand ceremony items really well they may not even get a second glace if they're packed away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
    • It's hard to estimate. Some receptions don't need much decorating because it's already beautiful. Some receptions need lots of decorating. Some receptions also come with extra decorating equipment already.
  • Topics